Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2009, 06:23 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Maybe this could be the start of something that will work:

There would have to be a lot more outward air pressure for that to work effectively.
Old December 2, 2009, 07:43 PM
HaDeS

this would work also.. but ari and I have discussed this to not be a viable option for him. Excuse my worthless drawings.

Old December 5, 2009, 07:13 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well i have something set up as described my Chris, however i am pulling air in and have a foam air filter at the window to block moisture and air borne debris. The thing is, i don't know if my case fan is pulling enough air (or physically can) which brings me to asking what would be a high cfm fan with relatively low noise that'll fit in a 3" diameter ducting.
Old December 5, 2009, 07:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Well i have something set up as described my Chris, however i am pulling air in and have a foam air filter at the window to block moisture and air borne debris. The thing is, i don't know if my case fan is pulling enough air (or physically can) which brings me to asking what would be a high cfm fan with relatively low noise that'll fit in a 3" diameter ducting.
Industrial fans, but you're gonna pay money for them. Think Bathroom ceiling fans...And actually now that Ive got some coffee in me, that wont really solve your problem since they are 120 AC. I'm unsure if they make 12v fans like that. Probably, but you'll have to do some digging.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old December 5, 2009, 09:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Updating original post with pictures of current progress. I would assume perhaps just a regular case fan with higher cfm would be able to do the job, i may be testing this afternoon as a friend here as 2 of them that are louder then my fans but at least one really sucks/blows air.
Old December 5, 2009, 09:13 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
And actually now that Ive got some coffee in me, that wont really solve your problem since they are 120 AC.
Well he doesn't have to run the fans off his PC; he could always power them straight from the wall.
Old December 5, 2009, 11:18 AM
HaDeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Industrial fans, but you're gonna pay money for them. Think Bathroom ceiling fans...And actually now that Ive got some coffee in me, that wont really solve your problem since they are 120 AC. I'm unsure if they make 12v fans like that. Probably, but you'll have to do some digging.
bathroom ceiling fans retail for around 100 bux. You could purchase one that has ducting connections already attached with a bit of wire, plug, switch, and pump the air in or out. But ari is a broke student this isn't really an option.
Old December 5, 2009, 12:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

And if i was looking to start to drop that much money it would seem watercooling would be potentially the better route and thats something i dont want to go right now
Old December 5, 2009, 02:27 PM
MVP

Well the cheapest way would be to move your tower onto the dresser next to window. Hot air will go out. Pumping air out thru ducting is to costly, need a high volume fan 200cfm. Move your desk around.
Old December 5, 2009, 02:31 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah i'll get right on that as soon as i remove it from the wall, all the furniture other then the dresser is built into the damn walls...