Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/)
-   -   Thank you HWC! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/25837-thank-you-hwc.html)

headsh0t November 24, 2009 10:29 AM

Thank you HWC!

4 Attachment(s)
Finally have my new system up and running with the cpu I won in the Puzzled Pics Contest! Just wanted to say thank you to everyone at HWC that brings us these amazing contests that I can apparantly actually win! The camera I used to take these pics sucks the big one so these are the best ones I took. I've got an H50 that I PM'ed for $69. PMed DirectCanada's price from NCIX even though the h50 wasnt even in stock at D.C. when I sent PM request lol. I don't know why I spent the amount of time I did hiding the cables cause I'm just going to have to rebuild it again next week. Whatever. I also noticed that on the stock cooler that came with the i5, the copper on the bottom looked like it was rusting/eroding or something. Unfortunately I couldn't get a pic because this camera blows. Anyways, here's some pics of the new system. Like I said, soon will have an h50 and also swap out the PSU for an Antec 700w.

New parts
Attachment 8257

Finished building, ahhhhh
Attachment 8254

In action. I don't know how I got a pic with the fans not spinning but this thing was on when I took it lol. hmm?
Attachment 8255

So those 2 were the clearest here's a not so clear pic
Attachment 8256

If anyone noticed I have the 8pin cpu power going into the "secondary" input. It seems to work fine so is there a reason I should not have it in there?

Anyways, thanks again, especially to Gav for responding to my many emails :bleh: :canadianwave: Now I just have to win the 285 from the folding contest and I'll be set :haha:

Andy November 24, 2009 10:31 AM

Nice build! Congrats on the win as well!

Arinoth November 24, 2009 10:32 AM

Nice build, whats with the stock heat sink?! (don't you love back orders?)

gingerbee November 24, 2009 10:35 AM

nice build and free great stuff from HWC too. sweet!

Zero82z November 24, 2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsh0t (Post 291539)
In action. I don't know how I got a pic with the fans not spinning but this thing was on when I took it lol. hmm?

Since you used the flash, the camera used a fast shutter speed to compensate for the large amount of light, which means that the picture was taken in a span of time faster than the time it takes for the fan to actually spin.

JD November 24, 2009 02:55 PM

Decent system.

Don't know about the 8pin connector though.

headsh0t November 24, 2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arinoth (Post 291543)
Nice build, whats with the stock heat sink?! (don't you love back orders?)

Haha ya that problem will soon be fixed when my order is delivered. I'll also have to rebuild again :S I'm getting a whine coming from my PC when folding. I'm wondering if it's the PSU or GPU. I don't remember it (GPU) whining with my 700w gamexstream...

Zero82z November 24, 2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsh0t (Post 291804)
I'm getting a whine coming from my PC when folding. I'm wondering if it's the PSU or GPU. I don't remember it (GPU) whining with my 700w gamexstream...

Probably the GPU, although it could be either one.

lemonlime November 27, 2009 09:49 AM

Yeah, more than likely the GPU if you are folding. I get quite a bit of coil whine out of my 275. Nothing to be concerned about. Best thing to do to hide it is turn up the fan speed :thumb:

Nice rig! :canadianwave:

El_Fiendo November 27, 2009 10:33 AM

Wait you said you have the 8 pin CPU plugged into the second video card? The capacitor might be a normal thing as many people get it when folding.

However, look here. That may not be the most safe method of powering that bottom card. Mod it and it should be fine though. The capacitor whine could be the voltage that's getting pushed through the wrong way, lol.