Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
nice build, cant wait to see the finished pic's.
It is finished. Just need that camera fixed Oh, and my SSD needs to come back from its RMA to actually do anything...
Old December 29, 2009, 01:26 AM
Rookie

Nice. I remember going through all those problems too! I recommend wrapping your lips around one end of the loop and sucking as hard as you can. Stick your tongue on the hose and plug the hole with your wet finger on the other end. You will pick up any of the big leaks right away and save yourself major headaches. Also, using distilled water is important if something does leak because you can just kill the power and hair dry the parts if you do leak.

For all you newbies: make sure you do a leak-test with your "jumpered" power supply
Old December 30, 2009, 10:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by r11 View Post
Nice. I remember going through all those problems too! I recommend wrapping your lips around one end of the loop and sucking as hard as you can. Stick your tongue on the hose and plug the hole with your wet finger on the other end. You will pick up any of the big leaks right away and save yourself major headaches. Also, using distilled water is important if something does leak because you can just kill the power and hair dry the parts if you do leak.

For all you newbies: make sure you do a leak-test with your "jumpered" power supply

Yup, thats exactly how I did it. I just used a bobby pin and connected the green and black wires. If there was any sort of leak, I through down the Sham-WOW I than would keep all the case fans runnning on high for a few days to dry out.