Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2009, 02:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

What parts?
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old November 8, 2009, 06:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaPC View Post
What parts?
Fan grills, more coolant, and a new fan controller. The first Rheobus Extreme didn't work. It was DOA.

Man... your the only one really following this. Thanks man.
Old November 8, 2009, 06:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Heh, no worries. Pleasure to follow actually. It seems most builds in here are like case mods or w/e, this one is WCing, which is more interesting (and opportunistic in terms of information) for a WC noob like me.

On the other hand, this is a particularly sexy build. It looks so sweet too, and with a quad-rad you can't go wrong. 'Hoo-ee, Lots of OCing potential up in here.
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old November 8, 2009, 08:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Heh, no worries. Pleasure to follow actually. It seems most builds in here are like case mods or w/e, this one is WCing, which is more interesting (and opportunistic in terms of information) for a WC noob like me.

On the other hand, this is a particularly sexy build. It looks so sweet too, and with a quad-rad you can't go wrong. 'Hoo-ee, Lots of OCing potential up in here.
A quad and a duel rad! Maybe I'll try to get some current pics up for ya!
Old November 8, 2009, 08:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Yes, but more expensive. And there's always faults I could make. With internal diameter, if you buy like 3/8" barbs, should you buy 3/8" ID tubes? What the hell's the point of OD then? And compression fittings are those things that go somewhere around the barb and the hose, and then clamp it down for a nice, sexy look vs. say worm screws or other hose clamps? This sht's confusing too. What kind of pump should I get? Which radiator? What about fans, and what is this static pressure thing when it comes to fans?

I don't expect you to answer these, just saying it to state my case. I'm such an idiot

ALSO, REQUESTING UPDATES!
in fact if you want to watercool just tour i7, 120.2 rad is perfect(swiftech can be good but something like thermochill can be bether, maybe 120.3 if you plan to add your gpu and have a good delta)

yes, for 3/8 brabs you need 3/8 ID tubing(3/8id can fit on 1/2id but i hope you have some time to do it..), for compression fithing you need to check bolt id and od to be sure to dont have leak
my choice go on 0.70$ plumber clip at canadian tire since compression are expensive and plastic one are crap

as pump for cpu only mcp 350/355 or cpx pro will be perfect, if you add gpu take the mcp 655 of an mcp355 with a top for good flow rate

block: the heatkiller is the good one(dont see any review of the apogee xt on i7 at the moment) or cheaper is the ek supreme lt

res: swiftech micro res, t-line or 350/355 top are the best i ever own

back to the subject: im prety sure you can fit bolt of your rad in the front of this 1200, but you will need to mont your hard drive and cd rom at new space(external cd rom or laptom cd rom modded) and for your hard drive you can try to fing mountain mod hd montinf system and instal in on the rear fan

when next update?
Old November 8, 2009, 08:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Awaiting current pictures. And thanks for that heap of info phil, heheh copied/pasted to word file. Taking down notes for if/when I get this loop going. I'll be sure to ask AmuseMe as well
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old November 11, 2009, 02:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

Update! Things to get done.

1.) Get the loop working correctly... It isnt filling to well right now...
2.) More wire management.
3.) Clean up
4.) Double check the entire system.

Picture of progress coming soon.
Old November 12, 2009, 11:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

If it doesnt fill right what does that mean? Leak somewhere? Uh oh, paper towel time...
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old November 13, 2009, 09:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
If it doesnt fill right what does that mean? Leak somewhere? Uh oh, paper towel time...

I have had so many leaks already... but that was just my own fault. I was sick, and honestly forgot to do so much stuff. Not to mention I didnt double check anything!

Good thing there was no power to anything but the pump, fans, and fan cotroller. Everything should be good now. I took the whole thing appart, and redid it. I think there was an issue with the pump, because I made a mini-loop with it, and it worked like crazy!

Pics coming soon (I know I say that a lot lol)
Old November 15, 2009, 11:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

OKAY IMAPC! (I only mentioned you because your the only one following lol) I figured out that the EK fitting on my Koolance block where to long, and replaced them with shoreter threaded swiftech ones! (Got a great load of pictures I need to go through and upload. Have been doing help videos for that block lately).

Anyways, for this update, I am just stating that no work will go on untill I have my BitsPower Compression fitting in. I mean, if I am paying top dollar for water cooling, I shouldnt cheap out fitting and clamps.