Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2009, 08:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaPC View Post
Are you going to mount that 120.4 in the drive bays? Is there even enough room to do that in the 1200?

Pretty slick dude. Oh man this upgrade you got going here is gonna be sweet. This machine is just crying for that 120.4 XD
No! No! The 120.4 is external lol... No way I could fit that + 8 fans inside the case If I could though

I have the 120.2 on the inside.
Old November 1, 2009, 10:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Oh man cos I've heard of that being done before with big cases using triple and yes, even quad rads. Would be pretty sweet though!

So you're using both at once then...Is it gonna be like Quad > CPU > NB> Dual > GPU > Pump > Res > ? W/Cing noob here, I've been wanting to get into it for a long time, but it's so daunting, and expensive lol
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old November 1, 2009, 11:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

My life sucks... UPDATE:

(note, this is being posted from my iPod Touch, so it might seem like I am drunk, which I am not)

I just went through hell and back working on this thing. Cable management WAS 90% done, side panel was one (non-windowed one), resivoir filled, and than... I jumped my 24-Pin cable.

Huh... What's going on here? After 15 minutes of screwing around I figure out my inlet/ outlet lines are mixed up - REMEMBER I filled it already!!! Lol... After I drain it, dispose of that liquid, fix my tubing and refill I start again. PERFECT. I thought. All my liquid is dissapering! WTF? The 120.4 rad seems to be the issue (it wasn't), after thy I rip appart the front of my case, remove the side pannel strip all the wiring out (to release the front three fans), I than see that the 120.2 is leaking like a faucet. I realise that the hose clamp isn't even tight... But the water isn't coming from there (fixed that any ways). I than notice that the top of the 120.2 isn't screwed in all the way (it's the one with a built in resivoir). I get my plumbing tape, tape a good 10,000 layers around the cap, and screw it in unroll my fingers started bleeding. Litterally. I than try it again... NO LEAKS!!! However... I need to reorder more coolant becuase I lost half a bottle.

I'll break it down again lol.

1.) Everything is good to go (I thought)
2.) I filled up the EK Resivoir
3.) Jumped the 24Pin cable
3.) Not much happens
4.) Realised that the inlet and outlet and mixed up (This thing has fluid remember...)
5a.) Make a hell of a mess re-aranging the tubes
5b.) Clean up
6.) Re-fill and try again
7.) Puddle forms...
8.) Thought it was the 120.4 Radiator - It want
9.) Realise it is coming from the 120.2 Radiator
10a.) Remove all the screws holding in the front three Antec fans
10b.) Realise the fan cables are restricting me from removing the fans
10c.) Remove all of my wire management (zip-ties, anchors etc.)
10d.) Removed the front fans...
11.) Thought the clamp on the barb want tight enough. It wasn't - but that wasn't the problem (fixed it though)
12.) Figured the problem was because the cap on the 120.2 radiator wasn't sealed. (it's a 120.2 with an integrated resivoir)
13.) Wrapped 10,000 layers (not really) of that plumbing tape around the cap and tightened unroll my fingers bled (only one did)

Yup... This sucks... But I love it!
Old November 1, 2009, 11:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Oh man cos I've heard of that being done before with big cases using triple and yes, even quad rads. Would be pretty sweet though!

So you're using both at once then...Is it gonna be like Quad > CPU > NB> Dual > GPU > Pump > Res > ? W/Cing noob here, I've been wanting to get into it for a long time, but it's so daunting, and expensive lol
Yup, that's the loop.
Old November 1, 2009, 11:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Sorry to hear about your major mishap dude, how the hell did that happen anyway? And baaahhh, don't use "coolant," distilled water FTW! That or antifreeze, but I'm not sure that would work.

This H20-220 seems like a pretty viable kit for a newbie, maybe I'll buy it in the hopefully near future. Did you have much trouble setting it up? How was the drop in temps?
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old November 2, 2009, 06:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
This H20-220 seems like a pretty viable kit for a newbie, maybe I'll buy it in the hopefully near future. Did you have much trouble setting it up? How was the drop in temps?
It was pretty good actually. It kept my CPU fairly cool (with the northbridge included). It was also really easy to set up, and it worked perfectly on my first attempt. However, you might want the Apex version, or the Ultima. Really depends on what you are doing.
Old November 2, 2009, 08:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I just want to keep my nice i7 cool, which idles at 66-68C. Norhtbridge on my X58 I'm not worried about, it stays around 50C. The ultima comes with a GPU block, but only a double rad. That's not cool. I gotta google the Apex though =D
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old November 3, 2009, 07:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
I just want to keep my nice i7 cool, which idles at 66-68C. Norhtbridge on my X58 I'm not worried about, it stays around 50C. The ultima comes with a GPU block, but only a double rad. That's not cool. I gotta google the Apex though =D
With all honesty, gathering your ownparts would be so much better; and just as easy!
Old November 8, 2009, 12:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Yes, but more expensive. And there's always faults I could make. With internal diameter, if you buy like 3/8" barbs, should you buy 3/8" ID tubes? What the hell's the point of OD then? And compression fittings are those things that go somewhere around the barb and the hose, and then clamp it down for a nice, sexy look vs. say worm screws or other hose clamps? This sht's confusing too. What kind of pump should I get? Which radiator? What about fans, and what is this static pressure thing when it comes to fans?

I don't expect you to answer these, just saying it to state my case. I'm such an idiot

ALSO, REQUESTING UPDATES!
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old November 8, 2009, 09:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Yes, but more expensive. And there's always faults I could make. With internal diameter, if you buy like 3/8" barbs, should you buy 3/8" ID tubes? What the hell's the point of OD then? And compression fittings are those things that go somewhere around the barb and the hose, and then clamp it down for a nice, sexy look vs. say worm screws or other hose clamps? This sht's confusing too. What kind of pump should I get? Which radiator? What about fans, and what is this static pressure thing when it comes to fans?

I don't expect you to answer these, just saying it to state my case. I'm such an idiot
I had the exact same problem as you lol. I had no idea what anything was when it came to water cooling Just ask around on the forum, thats what I did.

As for updates on this log: I bled the whole thing, flushed it out real good with distilled water. Took out all my barbs/ clamps, and put teflon tape, and re-built the whole loop. R

As of right now. I am just letting the thing sit there untill I get some more parts from NCIX.