Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/)
-   -   Quoth the Raven: "Nevermore" (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/24117-quoth-raven-nevermore.html)

Cowboy October 8, 2009 02:30 PM

Quoth the Raven: "Nevermore"

Howdy All!

I just got my new Silverstone Raven RV02 yesterday and I started to cram it with hardware this morning:

Corsair 850tx (looking to trade it for something modular with no wattage preference)
MSI 785GM-E65 mATX motherboard
AMD Phenom II x2 550 BE
4x2gb Corsair xms3-ddr3-1600 cas9
1.5tb seagate hard drive
320gb seagate 2.5" hard drive (until I can get an SSD, grr...)
ATi 4890 1gb
Creative x-Fi Fata1ity pci-e sound card
D-Link pci wireless N card (no wired internet in my apartment, grr...)

Cooling: TBA
-I have everything I need to water cool, but I'm open to suggestions on what else I can use that will fit in the case, and take advantage of the Raven RV02's natural positive pressure design.

Pics to come when I get home from work tonight.

Thund3rball October 8, 2009 02:37 PM

Cool congratz! I like your thread title. :)

Cowboy October 8, 2009 05:00 PM

Thanks. I thought it was fitting.

gingerbee October 8, 2009 05:28 PM

sell the 850tx and buy an one of these on sale. there on every other week NCIX.com - Buy Seasonic M12 II 500W EPS12V 20/24PIN ATX Modular Power Supply Active PFC 80PLUS 6PIN PCI-W 120MM Fan - SS-500GM In Canada.

Cowboy October 8, 2009 05:30 PM

Dude, that's expensive lol. How much do they go on sale for?

gingerbee October 8, 2009 05:38 PM

got mine for 79.99$. Check every week there on every other sale for a good price and great psu ( and you can still get a decent price for your 850tx for someone who needs that much power)

Polygon October 8, 2009 06:12 PM

Dude awesome. I want to buy the same case soon, can't wait for some pics. This case is so unpopular and underrated, can't find many good builds that people set up with this case.

Cowboy October 9, 2009 08:19 AM

This will be a decent build that's for sure. I'm looking to get my hands on a 120.3 radiator (because it can't take anything else) and I'm going to passively water cool it. I.e I'm not going to attach any extra fans to the radiator, I'm going to let the natural airflow in the case do all the work. Should be pretty sweet methinks.

misterlarry October 9, 2009 09:04 AM

Cowboy, is the Edgar Allen Poe story your inspiration for this build? Looking forward to seeing it.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cowboy October 9, 2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterlarry (Post 268167)
Cowboy, is the Edgar Allen Poe story your inspiration for this build? Looking forward to seeing it.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

not really as much of an inspiration, but more of a theme: dark, brooding, and full of regret.

regret: "nevermore" will I go with a small-ass case lol.