Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/)
-   -   Project: Machin Shin (Lian Li TYR X-2000) (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/23855-project-machin-shin-lian-li-tyr-x-2000-a.html)

Supergrover October 1, 2009 02:39 PM

Machin Shin

AMD 720BE @ 3500mhz 4 Cores 1.43v
Jetway HA-07 Ultra
2x2g Mushkin Ascent PC-8000 5-5-5-15 2.03v
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Noctua NC-U6
MSI Twin Frozer OC 275GTX
Razer AC-1 Barracuda
Tagan BZ-800
Lian Li TYR X-2000

This will be a ongoing and evolving project. Starting with air cooled DDR-2 setup and eventually progressing to a DDR-3 Watercooled setup with a separate "mini case" to hold the radiator, reservoir, and pump.

Well I finally broke down and bought a nice aluminum case, all my other case's over the years have been steel cases.

Wow what a difference.:thumb:

Anyways on to the project, I wanted to do something that isnt all flash. More of a simplistic look and feel, simple lines, no lights. I also wanted to go back to air cooling for awhile, my loop and custom Armour case will become my HTPC's case for awhile.

Later I plan on picking up One of these: NCIX.com - Buy LIAN-LI X-B01B Black Aluminum XBox 360 Modding Case 1X5.25 No PS - X-B01B In Canada.
And modding it to hold my pump/res and rad. But for now I will be going to air hence the name: Machin Shin (Black Wind).

Update:

Some very basic wire management, It all needs to be sleeved at a later date.

About the only place to run wires past the main chamber is up front by the fans exsposed. There is no room behind the motherboard tray due to the sound dampening material on the panels. Since the side panels are only attached to the case at the top and the bottom, with no middle or bottom screws, the side panels bow quite easily with any pressure.

If you are only running one ROM drive and no floppy drive there is a bit of love in the upper chamber.

The supplied 3 speed fan controller powers the 3 intake and 1 exhaust 140mm fans.

The 2x80mm hdd chamber fans are connected to the motherboard fan headers and run at a maximum RPM of 1500.

miggs78 October 1, 2009 02:48 PM

Nice.. Been a while to see someone with a Lian Li work log.. Lian Li FTW :D

Holly mother of god, that case is massive.. I'm sure you can get your rad and pump in there easily now Super :p

Sub'ed to see more pics, and log off course :)

El_Fiendo October 1, 2009 02:54 PM

Nice! I was looking at one of these myself.

Is that an 80mm fan at the bottom in the HDD area? Don't know if I'm liking that too much.

Supergrover October 1, 2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Fiendo (Post 264363)
Nice! I was looking at one of these myself.

Is that an 80mm fan at the bottom in the HDD area? Don't know if I'm liking that too much.

There are 2x80mm in the hdd compartment, I believe they are 1500rpm so they shouldn't be that loud, Silence is very important to me in this build. Once I am setup I will let you know how they sound.

Arinoth October 1, 2009 03:11 PM

Holy crap that is massive, you probably will be hearing this (or heard it in the past) a lot SG

3.0charlie October 1, 2009 03:52 PM

It's beautiful... enjoy the Lili quality!

lowfat October 1, 2009 03:54 PM

that case is so insanely sick. And also insanely expensive. :haha: The XB01 isn't very big I don't even think a triple rad would fit in it. Well maybe, but barely.

Supergrover October 1, 2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 264398)
that case is so insanely sick. And also insanely expensive. :haha: The XB01 isn't very big I don't even think a triple rad would fit in it. Well maybe, but barely.

It is just a idea right now. First I want to get it on air.

I would be using a PA120.2 not a triple.

Linus October 1, 2009 07:09 PM

PM me if you are going DDR3. I may have a deal available.

Kayen October 1, 2009 08:03 PM

Sexy case. Damn.