Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30, 2009, 09:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

I received my three Delta EFB1212LE (Triple blade, 34db, 2000RPM, 75CFM, 38mm thick) from MpG today, as well as my Performance-PCs order. I'm delaying pictures until the weekend because my NCIX order is supposed to arrive tomorrow, and I have a lab report due tomorrow, and a calculus mid-term on Friday.

Some of the stuff from PPC: Fan Grills, wires, male/female pins and adapters for various plugs, wire, various watercooling components *cough*Black Heatkiller 3.0*cough* and a few other tid-bits I'll save for later!

Once I get the NCIX order I'll have everything I need to start the build except the RAM and the longer screws for the fans on the RAD. (Anyone know what size/type I need for 38mm + 25mm shroud for an MCR320?)
Old September 30, 2009, 10:15 PM
Top Prospect

intense, I'd love to follow this. Subscribed.
Old October 1, 2009, 01:31 PM
Allstar
F@H

The NCIX order arrived today! I'm going to head to Canada Computers tomorrow after my exam if I get home before they close so I can pick up the RAM. I wasn't supposed to take anything out because my grandparents are coming over for dinner tomorrow and my mom knows I'll make a huge mess if I started working on it today. I told her I should "check to make sure nothing is missing" so they can fix it before the weekend, so I did take a few pictures. I also did the first minor mod of the project.

That is the box for the Corsair Obsidian. It was MASSIVE.

That is the actual Corsair Box, as well as my project manager supervising the process.

And there is the hardware I've received from NCIX.
i7 920 D0
EVGA X58 SLI LE
Corsair HX750W
4 x Seagate 7200.12 500GB drives

The "mod" I did was just a small one to an OCZ RAM cooler I ordered.

I'd have ordered the Corsair one, but P-PCs didn't have any. This one looks great, but it has ugly blue LEDs.

I removed the fans, and I'm going to be replacing them with some 60mm Panflos. Here is a comparison between the fans:

The OCZ ones are 10mm thick, and the Panaflos are 25mm thick. They are rated at 24dB and 14.1CFM.

That is the RAM cooler with the new fans. I'm going to paint the grills white once I get a chance to go to Home Depot. I purposely put one above the frame and one below so I could compare how they looked. After seeing them both, I definitely like the one below the frame better.

I also purchased three 120mm*38mm Deltas off MpG. They are the three blade variety and are rated at 2000RPM, 34dB and ~76CFM. I plugged one in and its fairly quiet, but it is a much lower pitch than any of the other fans I've used which makes it much more bearable. It can be seen right here:

More updates coming this weekend!
Old November 10, 2009, 12:45 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I would agree with the grills. If you paint them white, integrate them under the fan housing. It will give a nicer contrast I think. Let me know how you find that OCZ memory fan performs. I was thinking of getting one for myself (but I will keep the blue led fans if I do).

Cheers!
Passing_Through_Canuck :)
Old December 29, 2009, 01:39 AM
Rookie

Nice. It's the little things that count!