Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 29, 2009, 11:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Still looks to be my targetted case.....
Old September 30, 2009, 12:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's a shame there's no water. Good stuff though

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old September 30, 2009, 12:25 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

My System Specs

can anyone comment on load temperatures vs your previous case?

on other forums, everyone has been disappointed with the air cooling of the case, especially in the gfx card region.
Old September 30, 2009, 12:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by raxen View Post
can anyone comment on load temperatures vs your previous case?

on other forums, everyone has been disappointed with the air cooling of the case, especially in the gfx card region.
Unfortunately I cannot but I can see how this could be a concern.

This case while being large has no real "intake" perse.

It has a fan blowing from side to side across the hot swap bay and the lower hard drive tray if you wish.

The only place for air to really get into the case is from a single fan in the middle of the case blowing up and then the rear exhaust fan.

If you put fans on the top of the case with good cfm you'd probably be able to drop temps pretty well.

I'm looking at perhaps finding spots in this case to add other fans like perhaps pulling the fan from being mounted underneath to on top then adding a fan grill.
Old October 11, 2009, 01:42 PM
Top Prospect

The case was intended more for water cooling, so that's why air temps are disappointments.
Old October 11, 2009, 03:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

True.. but with little work you can get it right..

Youtube channel of Time To Live Customs.. YouTube - TimeToLiveCustoms's Channel

Check out the review of this case done in 5 parts, at times I thought just making it too long, but seriously it's one of the best reviews I've seen (followed by FixT's.. he's was the best I've seen).. he also points out the bad temps, and suggests some things, and it seemed to really work well.. Check it out..

+1 on what curt said, be ready to invest on some higher cfm fans if you buy this case..
If you're going to be going on an air cooling setup, please do yourself a favor.. get a HAF 922/932 or Antec 1200 case instead..

It was definitely built for water cooling.. Anyhow Curt get a job, money.. I want to see your h20 setup npw
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution

Last edited by miggs78; October 11, 2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old October 11, 2009, 04:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

not bad but i hope those are not chips out of the case i see already right in the front when he cuts out quickly right at the point he says pin strip ( pause it at 1:20 there's chips out of it )
but not bad review I just like custom jobs that area perfect ( yes i am being anal i know )
Old October 11, 2009, 04:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
True.. but with little work you can get it right..

Youtube channel of Time To Live Customs.. YouTube - TimeToLiveCustoms's Channel

Check out the review of this case done in 5 parts, at times I thought just making it too long, but seriously it's one of the best reviews I've seen (followed by FixT's.. he's was the best I've seen).. he also points out the bad temps, and suggests some things, and it seemed to really work well.. Check it out..

+1 on what curt said, be ready to invest on some higher cfm fans if you buy this case..
If you're going to be going on an air cooling setup, please do yourself a favor.. get a HAF 922/932 or Antec 1200 case instead..

It was definitely built for water cooling.. Anyhow Curt get a job, money.. I want to see your h20 setup npw
I have a job! I was in a car wreck so I'm sidelined for awhile.
Old October 11, 2009, 05:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I have a job! I was in a car wreck so I'm sidelined for awhile.
Sorry I forgot about that.. well get well soon bud... take care..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 13, 2009, 08:18 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

My System Specs

Whew... just finished transfering hardware to this case.

By far, much much easier to work with than the P180. There are a few flaws though:

1. It doesn't fit a PC&P 750w Silencer properly. You will need to take off some plastic surrounding the power plug to get it to fit. I just left it so it doesn't sit flush with the back panel.

2. The locking mechanism for the 5" bays is useless. It didn't secure my Scythe Kama Ace or my Pioneer dvd rom properly. You have to use screws to secure them.

3. The holes for the fans on the top aren't perfectly aligned. However, since the top panel is bendable, using a bit of force will allign the fans in the end.

4. The 24-pin power cord on the PC&P barely reaches the motherboard. Maybe Corsairs PSU's have longer cables. Not a fault of the case.

5. The BIGGEST flaw of the case - GPU temperatures. I left all three original fans alone, and added 3 yate loon low speeds to the top. Idle GPU temperatures hit 56C, compared to my P180 which was only 50C.

Overall, very good case. Ridiculously huge with ample room to hold all your watercooling gear.

Added a pic since this is a gallery thead. This case makes the P180 look like a midget.
Attached Images

Last edited by raxen; October 13, 2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Added pic since gallery