Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 6, 2009, 12:58 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Good progress !
Hmm makes me consider just bringing over my entire case over there so you can help me mod it out ;p .
Old September 6, 2009, 01:25 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I'm not disrespecting it man. I'm upgrading it ;) Basically A new paintjob and a hole in the mobo tray for quick CPU access
Old September 6, 2009, 01:26 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
Good progress !
Hmm makes me consider just bringing over my entire case over there so you can help me mod it out ;p .
Anytime man
Old September 6, 2009, 01:41 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

How did you do the painting on it ?
Old September 6, 2009, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclocker~4.1 View Post
I'm not disrespecting it man. I'm upgrading it ;) Basically A new paintjob and a hole in the mobo tray for quick CPU access
It was meant to be a joke mate.. sorry.. I was more trying to follow my cry early, gimme the case :p
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old September 6, 2009, 12:40 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
How did you do the painting on it ?
On the little things i'm using engine grade spray paint. I am in the process of getting a air paint gun for the bitter stuff (like the case itself)

@Miggs: I know, I'm only pulling your chain.
Old September 14, 2009, 02:03 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Well, got the case frame all disassembled completely today, drilled out all the rivets and getting ready to do some painting. hopefully i have some spare money for paint after rent. anyways, i will have pictures up later today. I am also considering making a how-to on this.... i don't know tho. what you guys think?
Old September 14, 2009, 03:34 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Ok guys, here is my last update untill i get paint. it is the Cosmos S completely disassembled in all its glory, you may notice some parts are already painted.
Attached Images

Old September 14, 2009, 10:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Lurked this thread since the beginning. Have to subscribe tho. Looks real sick! I've been thinking of modding my Cosmos S for the longest time. How do you get those quick-access drive lock button thingies out?

Are you going to be painting smokey gray parts as well? If so I would get a slightly darker color then the smokey color already used, but not quite black. Or you could go opposite and make it more lighter steel color, perhaps aluminum? Just opinions/questions.

For those of you who don't know, Quasar is quite the fitting term for this build:

Quasar: An unusually bright object found in the remote areas of the universe. Quasars release incredible amounts of energy and are among the oldest and farthest objects in the known universe. They may be the nuclei of ancient, active galaxies.

I read it in a book, my definition would have been "A supermassive black hole emitting enormous amounts of energy and light from its poles due to the superheated gasses and particles circling it"
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old September 14, 2009, 11:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaPC View Post
Lurked this thread since the beginning. Have to subscribe tho. Looks real sick! I've been thinking of modding my Cosmos S for the longest time. How do you get those quick-access drive lock button thingies out?
Slide the lock towards the back of the case about 1/4", squeeze the top and bottom together, and the tabs should disengage enough to remove the lock. Don't lose the 2 springs.

And you can disassemble the locks further, and just paint the blue parts. That's what I did.

Sorry for the threadjack, pictures are better than words.