Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old August 22, 2009, 02:31 AM
ToXic's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safearus View Post
You COULD steam it off
lol.. what? i might just order one on ebay lol... or yo know not put stickers because when whatever replaces the i7 in 2 years comes out... i wont like that sticker any more.
__________________
Some kind of pathetic Apple convert

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
15" Macbook Pro Retina - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old August 22, 2009, 02:45 AM
Safearus's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SSM, Ontario
Posts: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXic View Post
lol.. what? i might just order one on ebay lol... or yo know not put stickers because when whatever replaces the i7 in 2 years comes out... i wont like that sticker any more.
That phrase is just epic...
__________________
Current Rig: "Έρεβος" -- English: "Erebus" ::
ASUS R.O.G. Crosshair III 790FX
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.6 Ghz (Feck...)
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Thermaltake Armor
Corsair TX850W
Mushkin HP3 2x2GB DDR3
Samsung SATA DVD-RW

MSI GeForce GTX 275 Twin Frozr
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old August 22, 2009, 02:56 AM
MacJunky's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Creston, BC
Posts: 1,718

My System Specs

Default

I think it would be hilarious if someone had a case for 10+ years and each time they replaced their CPU (and they did it frequently) they put the new sticker over top of the old one making a big stack of stickers. :P
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old August 22, 2009, 02:57 AM
Safearus's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SSM, Ontario
Posts: 316
Default

That sounds like a great idear!
100th post!
__________________
Current Rig: "Έρεβος" -- English: "Erebus" ::
ASUS R.O.G. Crosshair III 790FX
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.6 Ghz (Feck...)
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Thermaltake Armor
Corsair TX850W
Mushkin HP3 2x2GB DDR3
Samsung SATA DVD-RW

MSI GeForce GTX 275 Twin Frozr
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old August 22, 2009, 08:01 AM
bojangles's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 2,683

My System Specs

Default

Nice rig, but really, clean up those wires. IT'S A MESS. Take a good hour or two and clean it up. You'll have better airflow in that case, since you've been cautious about your temps on your 4870X2.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old August 22, 2009, 08:18 AM
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
Nice rig, but really, clean up those wires. IT'S A MESS. Take a good hour or two and clean it up. You'll have better airflow in that case, since you've been cautious about your temps on your 4870X2.
Oh Noes!!! He's going to be unhappy.
__________________
Current Rig: C2D E6400 @ 3.0GHz, Vendetta II, BFG 8800 GT, OCZ PC6400 8GB, HX520W, 2x WD 500GB HD, Segate 160GB, WD 200 GB HD, Lancool PC-K62, Windows 7 64 bit, Snow Leopard (on the way)

EVGA 680i SLI Motherboard $80 + Qualitas 73GB 10k SCSI $30
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old August 22, 2009, 09:12 AM
ToXic's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
Nice rig, but really, clean up those wires. IT'S A MESS. Take a good hour or two and clean it up. You'll have better airflow in that case, since you've been cautious about your temps on your 4870X2.
Wh y clean up the wires when that's all moving to a new case? That lcs has no wire management holes... The HAF 932 has some nice managment though.
__________________
Some kind of pathetic Apple convert

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
15" Macbook Pro Retina - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old August 22, 2009, 09:32 AM
ToXic's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
I think it would be hilarious if someone had a case for 10+ years and each time they replaced their CPU (and they did it frequently) they put the new sticker over top of the old one making a big stack of stickers. :P
i dont stack em hah... i put em side by side... but im gonna leave my HAF unstickered, i think it looks cool without multi color stickers all over it.
__________________
Some kind of pathetic Apple convert

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
15" Macbook Pro Retina - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old August 22, 2009, 09:37 AM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax
Posts: 8,589

My System Specs

Default

I don't bother putting any of those stickers on my case, personally i think it makes the case look a little "tacky" and with the amount of upgrades/changes that go on within the same case, why do i need to say what my current cpu is in my computer if i can pull up cpuz and show it to them in 2 seconds, also, man thats worse cable management then in my old case that had no cable management, lol
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old August 22, 2009, 09:46 AM
ToXic's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I don't bother putting any of those stickers on my case, personally i think it makes the case look a little "tacky" and with the amount of upgrades/changes that go on within the same case, why do i need to say what my current cpu is in my computer if i can pull up cpuz and show it to them in 2 seconds, also, man thats worse cable management then in my old case that had no cable management, lol
lol before i put the new board, core and card on it it was all zip tied away... but i ran out of zipties lol...

yea ima leave mine sticker free, the only stick id probably use is a ATI because theirs a low chance i go Nvidia... to spendy
__________________
Some kind of pathetic Apple convert

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
15" Macbook Pro Retina - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Rig Chromey Water Cooling 9 December 6, 2008 02:49 PM
My rig lukaszr Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery 10 August 15, 2008 07:05 PM
Second Rig. yycraven New Builds 3 July 30, 2008 02:30 PM
New Rig bgreer New Builds 10 July 3, 2008 12:21 AM
new rig tec}{ine New Builds 5 June 24, 2008 03:11 PM