Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 2, 2009, 05:55 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
Makes sense, well enjoying the updates. That one blue sata cable is bothering me for some reason. =s.
Aye, that was my initial reaction...

EVGA 680i SLI Motherboard $80 + Qualitas 73GB 10k SCSI $30
Old October 3, 2009, 09:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I take it you both dont really like the shot of color? lol would you prefer to see a solid black cable instead?

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old October 3, 2009, 09:56 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

No, just that it's just sticking out, and sort of hangs there ... making it look out of place compared to the rest of the neater routed cables.
Old October 3, 2009, 02:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlef View Post
Yup! OEM 5870.
will be designing a new Sticker for it, because frankly, I hate the blankness of the OEM HSF...

I was thinking something along the lines of this:

Any ideas?
Aside from the "FTW EDITION" part, I am really liking you design
Old October 6, 2009, 08:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well here a quick update (with some pics :D)
Some more sleeving work... but still more that needs to be done. Transitions and fans need to finished and still waiting on a few things

I've started to go to war with Corsair. I've put up a fight about the 1156 H50 brackets. The H50, per their promotional materials was to include this bracket. I was told by Corsair I would receive one once they were made available. I haven't, and they're available. Instead of providing paid consumers with what they were promised, they put the 1156 brackets in with the new -1Sku. So basically, we are again left with the decision to BUY the cooler over again, and leave this as a paperweight or, take a loss when selling it (like me) and buy the new one.

Hopefully corsair can pick up on this, because bad pr is bad for the bottom line

----------------
---------------
Instagram Twitter
Old October 6, 2009, 09:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

That sucks, Corsair is usually way up there for customer service quality and speediness of any deliveries needed (in this case your 1156 bracket). I still got dibs on the 212+, right? XD
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old October 14, 2009, 06:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quick update, a bit more sleeving is done, but I'm actually contemplating changing the case to lili's PC50 and maybe tweaking the colors a bit now that Nils at mdpc-x has launched a new badass royal blue lol.
Still no word from corsair about my situation. It appears that they are sending out brackets to those who emailed for them. I should be on of those, but have yet to receive any type of confirmation email, so it has me worried.
I'm about to just give up, and buy another H50 just for the effing bracket, that or pitch corsair all together and get something else.

----------------
---------------
Instagram Twitter
Old October 14, 2009, 06:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

Cool. Except the Corsair part... that's not cool.

Can your mobo do 8x/8x CF? or is it limited to 16x/4x or something weird like that.

EDIT: and I'm fairly certain that if you decided to get another h50, you would have little trouble selling the one you have... These things seem to get scooped up within a matter of days (or hours lol).

Old October 14, 2009, 10:00 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Re : Corsair H50
I had found an H50 for 75$ just two weeks ago (Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 CWCH50 High Performance CPU Cooler System LGA775 LGA1366 120MM - DirectCanada) when I ordered some RAM, except it was only for the Intel Chips. Went to the Corsair store and got the AM3 bracket for 5$ shipping cost. So, instead of paying 90$ (Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 High Performance CPU Cooler System LGA775 LGA1366 LGA1156 AM2 AM3 - DirectCanada) plus shipping, I got it for 80$. The backet showed up yesterday in the mail, so once I start putting my rig together, happily, I'll be good to go. Just waiting on Win7 Retail.

Re: Your build
Very nice. I bow to your attention to detail when it comes to sleeving your cables. Are you still getting the plexiglass etched or are you getting it decalled?

Cheers!
Encouraging_Canuck :)
Old October 17, 2009, 07:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The goal is to etch the plexi, however... depending on budget constraints, I might just stick with my plan B.
What is your plan B you may ask..... metal.... lots and lots of black (althought semi backlit) perforated metal.

Oh yea,
On the Corsair front, they finally stepped up and did the right thing. My bracket was said to be shipped by this past Friday. I hope to have it by mid next week, and have everything installed soon there after.

Expect lots of pics coming :D

----------------
---------------
Instagram Twitter