Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 19, 2009, 11:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

Rich guy lol :p.. J/k.

Nice stuff Gord, that powder coating job looks outstanding man.. Quality.. S3xy :P

Mmmmm.. some more parts too.. Good Luck on the build itself.. :)
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old September 19, 2009, 11:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm far from being rich, I'm just comfortable. And I think if I added up how much I've already got invested in parts for this computer, I'd be sick. I just spend some every pay day. My next project involves a bathroom reno, so this will be it for computer hardware for quite a while, when it's complete in a month or two.
Old September 19, 2009, 11:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

oh man, those murdermod panels look so sexy! Nice looking build sugar!
Old September 20, 2009, 12:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

Just joking Gord.. Yes house renovations always first priority.

But seriously, things look cool :)
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old September 30, 2009, 11:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

A little update. I'll take some pics tomorrow.

I picked up a Classified on the weekend, and a new 920. I fried both my old X58 and my CPU with my puddle on the mobo. Stoopid skinny zap straps. Sold my loop except for the EK Res to help finance the new board and CPU.

Got the new parts mounted in the TJ07 tonight, I absolutely love the look of it. Red and black mobo, red G-skills, red and black GTX285. Stock HSF for the time being though.

I was thinking about a copper Heatkiller block, but now I'm thinking about the silver and black one, with a nice EK nickel plate full cover for the GPU. That and some nice compressions would look awesome. It'll be a while before I can afford the new loop though.

Anyway, I'll get some pics up tomorrow. Maybe even start sleeving my 24 pin.
Old October 1, 2009, 09:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Just a teaser shot. I'm tired and don't feel like lugging this thing back over to the bench. When the weather gets nice again, I'll take it outside and get some decent shots.

One of the things I'm happiest about was being able to get black M3 screws to replace the silver ones holding the side panel on. Now to save up some more cash for a MCP655, Feser 360, and Heatkiller 3.0.

Anyone want to loan me a black TRUE for a couple of months?
Old October 1, 2009, 09:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looking good Gord!

I agree a TRUE Black would certainly look sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 22, 2009, 12:21 AM
F@H

My System Specs

So, not much has happened lately. I've had to pay some bills. But I did get the 24pin sleeved:

It will run under the mobo when I take things apart to build the loop. Speaking of which, I ordered a nickel-plated Heatkiller from Daz. So now I'm saving for a rad and pump, and some compressions. Hopefully next month. And a GPU block the month after, but that will be the last item. I'm kind of holding off to see what's happening with Fermi. And I'm really thinking about a NB/SB/Mosfet block, the heatsinks on the NB and mosfets get hot with the stock cooling on the Classified.
Old October 22, 2009, 12:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I really like the SB/NB blocks for the classified, nickel CPU block with this - Koolance MB-EVX58CF (EVGA X58 Classified) [no nozzles] Products Model: MB-EVX58CF [MB-EVX58CF] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come could look very sweet. 45 degree Compressions and you'll be set. Looking good! I'll have to get some pics of mine up soon. Think I'm done tweaking the hardware for now
Old October 22, 2009, 10:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I was thinking more of the EK block that covers the mosfets too. EK-FB KIT EVGA X58 CLASSIFIED Full Board North/Southbridge Water Block - Acetal-Nickel Products Model: EK-FB KIT-EVGA-CLASSIFIED-AC/NK [EK-FB KIT-EVGA-CLASSIFIED-AC/NK] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come But I also like that nickel plate. Good thing I've got some time to think about it.