Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25, 2010, 07:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

Just use some of those 260CFM Deltas :thumbup:
Old July 1, 2010, 02:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, that didn't go according to plan. Company Friday, ball tournament Saturday and Sunday, so I didn't get started until Monday night. But here's the update:

Exhibit 1. A hot somewhat noisy Zotax GTX 470. At least they don't cover the card with big goofy stickers:

Heatsink off, good to see they didn't scrimp on the TIM :

Card cleaned, standoffs, thermal pads and new MX-3 applied:

That's EK's recommended pattern, by the way. I've got a little too much on there.
Here's the money shot with the block installed. Did you notice I've got the fittings on the wrong side? Me neither, until I put the card in the mobo.

There was a bunch of talk about drainlines a couple of weeks ago. Here's how I drain my loop.

And take out plug, put in spare fitting and some tube:

You've seen how the standoffs and such work on the EK blocks, so here's the mobo block installed:

And everything plumbed up and working. I've still got the fill/drain tube attached, I'll top the fluid up after all the bubbles have worked through.

Cheers, and thanks for looking.
Old July 2, 2010, 12:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

Damn nice looking build there Gord.. That looks somewhat familiar.. *cough Kruzn cough* :P

The whole black/red setup really matches and goes very well. What I liked more was you used those Yate Loons, I got some in my system and they push quite a bit of air without sounding too horrible.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old July 7, 2010, 01:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't know how I missed this but that looks REALLY sharp Gord!!....I really like that you sleeved all the cables!...and the red coolant flowing through the mobo block looks VERY cool!!...GREAT job!!

Old July 7, 2010, 02:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks Bob. I kind of wish I'd done a BTX style build now, so you can see the coolant in the GPU block too, but it's nice as is. I've still got a couple of LED light cables to sleeve before I get my lights back in, but it runs like a dream. My GTX470 is currently running at 700mhz with a full load temp of 44. It was 90 degrees with the stock fan profile at stock speeds (607 mhz?). I've got some room to play yet, I haven't even touched the voltage adjustment on the GPU.
Old July 7, 2010, 03:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ya gotta love WC'ing....I have the same temps on all 4 of the 480's, 42-44c under load and around 30-31 idle. They're running at 805MHz (700 stock) and honestly?...I've been too chicken to start messing with the voltage but I'll probably give it a go in the next couple of days. Hopefully I'll start some sleevng as well, did a couple of practice runs that didn't come out as good as I'd like but I learned from it so thats a good thing..lol