Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 22, 2011, 06:15 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlef View Post
Hey, I have a quick question.

The Icedragon is a nano fluid right? I'm assuming it comes as pure white correct?
As well, have you noticed any issues with flow? or anything regards to buildup in the blocks or pump?
Yes it is a nano fluid. Good stuff though, temps are pretty much bang on with distilled. As for flow I am not sure if it has an affect or not. But if I were to guess, it has very little impact on flow. I think my flow is a bit lower than it should be, but it might be caused by my reservoir. I do not trust the Koolance flow meter I am currently using but I'll be replacing it w/ a different one here soon so I'll get more accurate numbers then.

As for buildup? I honestly have no idea. I've only had it running for four days. I used a LOT of dye (1.5 bottles) so I know the tubing will cloud up because of it. But hopefully no other problems.
Old August 22, 2011, 06:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Yes it is a nano fluid. Good stuff though, temps are pretty much bang on with distilled. As for flow I am not sure if it has an affect or not. But if I were to guess, it has very little impact on flow. I think my flow is a bit lower than it should be, but it might be caused by my reservoir. I do not trust the Koolance flow meter I am currently using but I'll be replacing it w/ a different one here soon so I'll get more accurate numbers then.

As for buildup? I honestly have no idea. I've only had it running for four days. I used a LOT of dye (1.5 bottles) so I know the tubing will cloud up because of it. But hopefully no other problems.
Thanks for answering that. If temps are bang on with distilled then what would you say would be the benefit to using it? I read somewhere that they are quoting ~4c difference in temps over distilled :S.
I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to use it over distilled and colored tube for my next WC project.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old August 22, 2011, 06:48 PM

My System Specs

I bought it for looks alone.
Old August 22, 2011, 06:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I bought it for looks alone.
Im kinda siding with you on that alone as well. Would be interesting to see long term how your blocks look :D

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old September 1, 2011, 09:23 PM

My System Specs

I really need to add more UV in here somehow.

Old September 4, 2011, 06:13 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default My rig

Name:  IMG_2118.jpg
Views: 1375
Size:  98.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2117.jpg
Views: 1402
Size:  129.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2116.jpg
Views: 11239
Size:  126.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2112.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  110.5 KB

This thread has been my inspiration, Finally I decided to put mine up. It is always a work in progress and have done alot since but need a good camera to take new pics
Old September 4, 2011, 06:26 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Anyone have a Classified 3 Chipset Block

I have changed the board from a Gigabyte X58A-UD5 Rev.2 for an older Evga Classified 3.. I always wanted that board with its NF200 Variant. Finally managed to get my paws on one . The USB3 and SATA 3 are not important and the SATA3 X58 controllers are not native and are not great as compared to the ICH10R Intel controllers. Name:  IMG_2044.jpg
Views: 1434
Size:  107.6 KB This is an older pic before the FC480's (Ek video blocks) .. p.s. Thanks Daz! But it shows the case with the side on and shows how with the side on most cables are hidden. NowI just need to find the EVGA classified e759 board waterblock cause the NB is running at 90 degrees with 2 60mm fans from old AMD Duron 850 CPU`s.. I even reapplied thermal paste on it.. MX-4 the first time then AS5. I know the Dazmode site had them (Classified Chipset Blocks) but they are gone now.. too old now maybe..
Old September 4, 2011, 07:38 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I really like that blue/green contrast theme you have there.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old September 5, 2011, 09:09 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Old September 18, 2011, 10:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Its a total mess, might swap to a different PSU soon so didnt bother finishing up the cabling...but it works! EVGA-SR2 into my ATCS 840! Sketchy, but it works!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.