Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 29, 2008, 05:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinister View Post
Im' sorry squee, you're just wrong here man.

Straight through the tubing? And where does that go? To more equal resistance blocks. There is no 'path out' through the tubing. There is no exit out the bottom. The only way in is at the top left. The entire left side is 'high pressure'. The only way out is at the top right, making the entire right side 'low pressure'. The only way the water can go from the high pressure side to the low pressure side is through 3 equal blocks, there is no tubing connecting them. There is no 'easier path'.

Be the water... you go into the left half. You are thinking, I am smart, why waste my time going through blocks when there is tubing straight ahead. So you keep going until you get to the bottom, where there is a plug. So now what? There are 3 doors out, the 3 blocks. All 3 are equal resistance. Now you think, I'm already at the bottom, it MUST be easier to go through the bottom block. But not all the water is 'at' the bottom yet. Since you stopped, all the water drops lined up behind you stopped as well, as if they had hit a 'plug'. Pressure builds because you are all being pushed on, and the only ways out have resistance. An equal number of you will go through each door, because you are all being pushed on by the same force.

Think of yourself in a lineup of people. You are all ushered into a hallway. The hallway has 3 doors out, which can fit only one person at a time. You all go in there and people at the input are still pushing, cramming you in harder and harder. Eventually you will have to start going through doors. Do you think you'll all get pushed out the last door? No way! people near the first door will say 'I'm outta here', and take off, same with the 2nd and third doors. As long as the pressure in the hallway is pushing harder than the flow will allow, an equal number of people will come through each door.

I don't know how many ways I can explain this - I think you may be one of the few people that won't be able to understand this no matter how anyone puts it.

I have built it and proved it. Build one and prove me wrong!
In a way; you guys are all correct actually. When fluid is pushed through the set up originally it will shoot right through to the bottom card and only partly saturate the first two; but here's where Vinister becomes correct - once fluid hits the end card the pressure which forces out in all directions equally will fill up the first two cards; once the system is primed and full of fluid and the pumps are working all three cards receive equal cooling as the pressure in the tube will syphon and pull push the fluid equally through all three cards. It's not as if once full the fluid in the waterblocks just sits there not moving while the fluid in the tubes flies by, the pressure from the fluid moving past all three blocks equally pulls and circulates the fluid through all three video cards. It is a great set up and looks beautiful; good job!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old July 30, 2008, 08:48 AM
Top Prospect

Yay...I finally get to post this up!

Mountain Mods U2-UFO
Enermax Galaxy 1000w
EVGA 780i
E8400 @ 4.0Ghz at stock voltage - This was on air...I know it'll run at 4.2 easy with a little voltage increase, but the temps were too high under air.
2 x 2Gb Corsair XMS2 Dominator PC8500 - Will be 4 x 2Gb soon
ASUS EN9800GX2 - Soon to be 2x
74 Gb WD Raptor for OS
2 x 150 Gb WD Raptors in RAID0 for Games
500 Gb Seagate for storage
Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1

The front of the case...yeah, the Noctua's don't match completely, but they're dead silent, so what can I do?

The backside...the chipset blocks are run through a dual Swiftech rad, which I must say I am quite pleased with.

The frontside...the CPU and northbridge are both run through a Thermochill PA120.3 that NCIX was kind enough to pricematch when TD went nuts with their pricing. I still need to play around with the wiring and hide everything a little better, but for now I am pretty content with everything.

Well, there it is. My only real gripe is the fact that this case picks up fingerprints almost as badly as my iphone. Otherwise, it was a complete joy to work with.
Old July 30, 2008, 01:46 PM
Allstar
F@H

Mna great job killer system and looks very nice:)
Old July 30, 2008, 08:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default MM Revised & Improved

One or two members might recall that the original incarnation of this case occurred after I backed my truck over my P190 case. After that, I got my hands on a used MM Horizon case, and threw everything together as fast as possible, just wanting to use the damn system. It was good, but wasn't up to my standards of silence.

So... I gave the old 3870X2 the boot, replaced it with a GTX280, replaced the front panel with a MM Duality panel, which let me add a second PA120.3 rad, and basically done a somewhat cleaner job of organizing the guts. Also gone is the single Swiftech rad/res that was handling chipset duties, and generally being a pain in the ass everytime I want to remove the sidepanel that it was mounted to. The dual rad at the back is now handling the chipset (yes, overkill). Also significant was me popping open the PSU, and fixing things so that the fan wasn't vibrating against the internals. I was too lazy to take any under construction photos, but here's the finished product.
Name:  case34aspect.JPG
Views: 1560
Size:  42.0 KB
Name:  topdownview.JPG
Views: 1529
Size:  71.5 KB
Name:  sideviewopen.JPG
Views: 1622
Size:  56.2 KB
At this point, much happier with the system. All the 120mm fans are running down at about 600-700rpm, making them close to inaudible, although the sheer number of them means I can still hear them if I try really hard. The twin 200mm fans up top are similar. According to Antec specs, low speed comes in at 400rpm (800 @ high), but they refuse to spin at 5V, so unless I start screwing with resistors, that's as good as they're going to get.
Old July 30, 2008, 08:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

so jealous! :P I really want to get rid of my 8800gts .. however.. with school coming up.. *cries*
Old September 8, 2008, 03:45 AM
Top Prospect

here is my old system

it was a birds nest the coolermaster1250 realpro had 4 foot cables lmao
PSU:Koolance 1300 Watt
Graphics: Tri sli XXX GTX280 XXX
HDD:2 Supertalent SSD
LCD:24IN Samsung wide
CASE:TT Armor
Danger Den WC Setup
4 Pelts 226Watt
Old September 16, 2008, 09:58 PM
Rookie

Default My new rig!

Hi, this is my new liquid cooling setup I completed a few days ago in a CoolerMaster HAF932. The pictures are from a cellphone so the quality is not the greatest.

There's a few more pictures at my Flickr account of the old rig and new rig.
Case Mods - a set on Flickr

Old September 16, 2008, 10:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

What on earth are those barb extensions? Are they entirely needed????

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old September 17, 2008, 12:57 AM
Rookie

They're Koolance VL3 quick disconnect fittings.

Just figured I'd give them a try since this will make swapping out the cpu and gpu quicker and easier in the near future.
Old September 17, 2008, 08:34 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Looks great!!!

The HAF932 has been in my cart for a couple of weeks now.... :) I love the "industrial" look of it, and with my experience on the Cosmos S I suspect that Coolermaster probably did good things with regards to internal WC installs. :)

I like the look of the "extensions" so long as it doesn't affect function. :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP