Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 28, 2009, 03:55 PM
MVP

Default silverstone chilled by coolit boreas

my 1rst h2o and i luv it ,[coolits boreas]plus this custum made tjo7 frum silverstone 4 coolit.

havnt had much time 2 play with her ,but here r a few pixs...i luv the smell of new hardwere...

picked up this stuff last friday[they have a great vga cooler 4 the 4870],i was gonna get it but, but new cards frum ati/nvidia just around the corner i thought id waite and get a vga cooler when i get a new card.

coolit, great company 2 deal with thanks alot shawn.very fast responces frum shawn at coolit thru email and on the phone

and there not 2 fare frum our house

450x9/1.367v/1hr occt=51c/49c/boreas set at default settings/idle=35c/28c/gamming 41c/39c...im sure the idle temps r wrong cause the heat sink is very cold when i touch it

very silent systym even when doin torture test it rarly went above 40%power, when it went above 40% 2 keep the temp down it was only about 10 seconds

i ponderd about gettin the boreas 4 a while but i sure am glad i did.

im gonna do sum more testing when i get more time.

o yay when i did the occt run, that was in a closed case with no case fans hooked up

definatly a great buy thanks coolit/shawn im very happy with the boreas,cant waite 2 cool my v card
Attached Images

Last edited by hightest; August 2, 2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old May 28, 2009, 04:11 PM
MVP

what did u pay in total for the case/cooler? I love those cases and the boreas are supposedly amazing. Nice!
Old June 4, 2009, 04:13 PM
MVP

yes..the more i play with the boreas the more i like...ive barley taped into the power of this baby yet...i cant waite till i cool my v card 2...wish the new cards wood b out soon.

darn i allmost cant waite im wanderin if i should just get the v card cooler they have 4 the 4870...it is a very good cooler..and it covers the hole v card..hmmmmmm i new i shood have grabed it when i was there..

cause when i get my new card i could have just givin the 4870 with the coolit cooler on it 2 my son,i wood just need 2 get the rad 4 it frum coolit
Old June 4, 2009, 05:59 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Yup. I am using a Boreas on my test system. It's just all sorts of sick.
Old July 22, 2009, 12:40 PM
MVP

here r a few more pixs.wirering is a little more tidy,i still want 2 change a few things 2 try hide more wires...and i have 2 wipe the crome off 2 get rid of the fingerprints.

as of right now it is 28c here is the temps shot///boreas is at default setting.
Attached Images

Last edited by hightest; August 2, 2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old July 30, 2009, 07:09 PM
MVP

here as a test at 436x9,volts were 1.31 after volts drop on my p5k/its hard 2 see but idle temps right after the test were 34c/28c/load temps can b seen in the pixs

o ya all these test were at default on the boreas
Attached Images

Last edited by hightest; August 2, 2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old July 30, 2009, 09:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Are you plannng on a GPU WB?
If I go water I'll be looking at WB's for CPU / NB / 3 x 280's.....is that Boreas capable of all that?
Old July 30, 2009, 10:24 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Are you plannng on a GPU WB?
If I go water I'll be looking at WB's for CPU / NB / 3 x 280's.....is that Boreas capable of all that?
Have no experience with the boreas, but I'd have to say its doubtful.
Old July 30, 2009, 10:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Have no experience with the boreas, but I'd have to say its doubtful.
Yeah kind of figured that...should I choose to go Water I have a fair bit of homework to do.....
Old July 31, 2009, 11:12 AM
MVP

well iv"e seen a couple of users that cooled a qaud and 2 /280"s with just the 1 boreas,with very good results,the 1 user review was in the coolit forums,i cant remember were the other 1"s were.

im waiting for the new lineup of v cards to com out,but im not sure if i can waite that long.so i think im going 2 try the full coverage block 4 my 4870 that coolit has.and then just put it in my sons rig when i get my new stuff.

coolit also has a daul drive bay cooler that is made 4 daul video cards and its pretty good frum the reviews of the users that i read about.so you could put cpu/nbrige/1 v card on the boreas.and get the ddb for the other 2 cards.

the boreas can handle 600watts+ of cooling on its own.

for me im luvin it when i want 2 crank up the volts 4 sum benchmarking i can , and 4 my everyday use i put it at default settings and it rarely goes above 40%tec/fan power which is very silent/since i have a loud ringing in my ears i like that its not loud,the thing i here right now as i type is the pump,i think that is 15db.

another thing i like about coolits products are there is no mattinnace,so that means u wont have 2 drian your loop on a 6/7 month basis.

and with the mtec it can control to things eg=the boreas/the ddb.so you cood set them up 4 24/7 settings then when u want 2 do a bench run you can crank her up and not worry about temps/the only thing u wood have to watch 4 is condensation if u set her to low.

you cood also buy 1 complete boeas kit/and then just the tec and fan unite and run it off the 1 mtec unite.that is what im reely thinking of doin,so that wood be 1200+ of coolig power and not have 2 worry about drianing cleaning your loops.

for an eg right now as im typing it is 23c room temp,mtec set at 25c idle temps are 28c,and the tec/fans are going btween 40%/44%,and the pump is the loudest part i here

if you wood like 2 no more contact shawn at coolit,that is who i delt with,then i went there and picked her up.

hope this helps a bit

o ya they will also biuld u any custum thing u want

and you can also add a pa 130 rad or whatever u like 2 the boreas,wicth helps when coolin lots of hardwere,there are sum folks who have done that .