Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 1, 2009, 02:33 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Wow, not sure where I was hiding when this project popped up, but great job so far.

Probably too late to do anything about it now, but the space between the top & bottom rows of buttons looks pretty big.
I think the same spacing as you have on the horizontal would work better.

Hmmm...you're in Calgary. I could see myself making the 2 hour drive down highway 2 and braving the Deerfoot 500 to give that a go :)
Old September 1, 2009, 05:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

Hehe....Thx everyone....

With everyone that wants to come play this thing , I should bump it up to 50c a play and get a lock on the front..... j/k.....

-----

I'm not adjusting anything at this point.....I'm going to put it together and play some games.......see how it handles.

Related to this , I am hooking up controls right now......

Old September 1, 2009, 06:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

sweet !

Here's how it sits ;

----

The trackball totally works.Joystick 1 works and is awaiting programming........

I'm wiring some buttons up to JS 1 to try and do a gaming test.

Old September 1, 2009, 07:01 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I want one in my basement.

Now to only convince the Wife.
Old September 1, 2009, 07:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

a braineater in everyone's basement would certainly be cool
Old September 4, 2009, 06:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

......my schedule is full srry....heeh

------

Woodwork /fabrication finished ;

------

Joystick 1 wired , USB's in.....

------

Control testing time.

Old September 4, 2009, 07:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post

Now to only convince the Wife.
Is this not the problem with everything in life ha ha
Looking very good so far too wish i had one myself
Old September 9, 2009, 05:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

Oh yea !!

I've done all the wiring , and had a chance to play around with the control programming etc.....Everything but the spinner works ( I killed a usb controller with ESD , my bad , good thing they are only 14 bux.)

As a result of playing around with the joystick mappings , I discovered that while the "Mouse" map for the ultrastick360 is handy , it screws up in game programming , as the game thinks it's a mouse.

Now the trackball totally works in windows for moving the pointer , but there are no buttons associated with it.......So..

HaDeS gave me an old mx-510 usb mouse.I hacked it into this :

------

This allows me more buttons , as well as left/right click ability .I added 2 buttons on the sides , like a pinball game , and connected them to the hacked mouse.I also added a discrete USB port for a keyboard when it's needed :

----

The mouse assembly also has the 'button 3' aka 'scroll click' wired ( the green pair)...this is for the coin mech......It will also allow 4 more buttons if I need em.The trackball now replaces the mouse , the left/right pinball buttons are the left/right click buttons....It works perfectly.

----

Here's a couple shots of different ROM's I own , running and functional : (1st one is the original cabinet's game ) ;

--

---

Most of the fabrication is complete.I just have to mount the lexan/mask for the monitor , and add a couple supports , then I'll take it all apart and paint it....

Old September 9, 2009, 06:17 PM
HaDeS

good job man... at least that mouse came in handy. And even happier to see a MX510 actually working. :P
Old January 3, 2010, 05:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

I got so mad yesterday playing 'Centipede' that I flattened the damn thing !!

------

-----

Every piece you see there , (with the exception of the bottom ,shown for comparison...) has been fully cleaned with TSP and rinsed , it's fully ready for repair/priming/painting......gonna be a lot of work , but it'll be worth it....

-----

I have verified the coin mech's operation , it's in the paint booth too.....

------------

The guts got a big upgrade too :

----

Thanks 3.0 charlie, Grinder,and Sugar J !!

We might call this the "Canuckcade".....I had help with the parts from several people here at HWC ....

It's now running an Asus p5q/Intel p4 3.0 Ghz 775/1 GB Gskill 6400 Ram/ Nvidia 9800GT.......

------

I'm werkin on the repair/priming right now.......