Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1, 2009, 11:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

or shoving them in spare 5.25" drive bays?
Old August 3, 2009, 07:53 AM
Top Prospect

Hey man, your case is great. It'd be a real shame if you cant get your side pannel closed.

I've run into the same situation before. Heres what i would do if i were you:

Force it closed. Thats exactly what i did with my old Thermaltake Soprano. It was never meant to have cables run behind the mobo tray, but i ran them through anyways. Then i used alot of force downwards and forced the pannel closed (its kinda bent/warped now). It buldges outwards abit, but its hardly noticable.

Secondary System:
Phenom II 940 @ 3.8ghz//ASUS M4A78-E ATX 790GX//XFX 8800 GTS//OCZ 700W//ThermalTake Soprano RS Modded//8gb OCZ SLI edition DDR2-800//1TB WD Green.
Old August 3, 2009, 02:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

Tried already we were 3 trying to force that thing in place. I'll have to change how the cables are run and I think the 24 pin one will have to be stuffed in a 5.25 bay for now.
Old August 3, 2009, 05:24 PM
MVP

hmm, one option would be *for the 24 pin, I've got the same problem in my new build...the case itself is a mid 2000s design- QC on mine was in 06, barely enough thickness for me to run an 8 pin non modular cable* would be to run whatever cables you absolutely HAVE to (24 pin and graphics) down the front of the case beside the mobo, ziptied together, then cable anchored down and use a peice of black plastic/metal over top to conceal?