Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11, 2009, 08:21 AM
Rookie

Quote:
I've got a spare one that I could probably sell you for cheap if worst came to worst (mine came as a set of two), but it's a bit yellowed on the front, and some of the words have faded on the front. Keep looking, but if you get absolutely desperate, let me know.
thanks man, im gonna keep looking, also im gonna check the pawn shops when i get back to montreal. i actually ordered most of the parts i need, i ordered the zotac ionitx-a, 2 gigs of kingston valueram and a 500gb toshiba 2.5" hdd. and some usb ports that i will put on the front behind the cartridge door. i think i might not put in a disc drive there, and instead i want to put SNES controller ports, aswell as n64 controller ports and the 4 usb ports. i wanted to put a slim slot-load dvd drive but now i think it would be silly because i have 4 things(ps3, xbox360, dvd recorder, and wii[i think it plays dvd's]) under my tv that already play dvd's. the only other thing i can think of is to play my old psx games through the disc drive, but ill just rip those to the hdd.
and thanks, definitely if worse comes to worse ill buy that one off you, but im sure ill find one.

Quote:
I had 3 that I could find, but they all worked, so I had to tear a working one apart for my build.
yeah i might have to tear apart a working one, seems like all the ones that are in good condition that are being sold on ebay are still working, so i might just have to bite the bullet and play like 60 dollars(crazy, i know) for a NES. anyway hoping i find something nice in a pawn shop.
Old November 14, 2009, 09:12 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiros View Post
wii[i think it plays dvd's]
Wii's can only play DVDs if you install DVDx and the Homebrew Channel, with some program that can play DVDs (only if DVDx is installed). It's all free and you can download it from WiiBrew along with Wii Homebrew games and other things (including turning the Wii into a FTP server, HTML server, and more, such as running a text-based Linux on it, which you might be able to install F@H if you know how to use Linux and install F@H with a text-based interface).
Old November 21, 2009, 12:34 PM
Rookie

im actually going to be modding my wii aswell when i get back to montreal. but i was just saying that i wont put a disc drive because i have enough things that play dvd and i plan to run all my media off the hdd.

ive actually just purchased my nes, i got a good deal, 2 broken nes consoles 3 controllers that dont work properly(but i will use those one day, i plan to try and make some custom wire original nes gamepads) and also a nintendo max controller that does work for just a bit more than 11 dollars canadian, and i can pick it up. definitely looking forward to starting this project.
Old November 21, 2009, 02:03 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

You may find that you can fix the controllers fairly easily. Both of mine were sticking when I got them; I took them apart, cleaned them up with alcohol, and put them back together. Problem solved, and they were ridiculously easy to take apart and reassemble.