Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 2, 2009, 08:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default My New Playpen

Today, Me and meh mother (I'm only 19 and have yet to launch myself out into the world) just moved into a house, with the guy she's seeing. I took the opportunity to create myself an awesome corner setup. Much to my chagrin, in the basement was an old computer desk I could appropriate. Instead of the cramped workspace I had before, I have my awesome budget corner entertainment setup.

Pics!

This is the left part of the corner, where I have my console rack (supporting the allmighty weight of a PS3 and Xbox 360), and my standard def TV that I play them on. The keyboard pictured is for use with my PS3, Xbox 360, and my (soon to be) HTPC. This desk has so much potential for other gadgets. Where the keyboard, game case, and A/V switch sit, I may stick a second computer monitor or something, for use with any PC's i'm fixing up.

Sadly, the Antec Minuet 350 beside my monitor has nothing in it, yet. It's the little devil that I'm churning into an HTPC by the end of May. Nothing to special, just a recycled E4600 from my old machine. 3GB RAM, HD4550. and a tv tuner/cap card.

I finally have spacious room for my monitor and speakers (in my old place, this desk supported both my monitor AND my TV!) and some extra room for the empty Minuet 350 until I perform surgery on it. The spacious, cavernous space under the desk features my main computer, and I think I may have space on this baby for an extra computer and monitor

Oh, and fear my Pocky and Dr. Pepper--the meal of champions.

In the corner, between the left TV desk and my right computer desk, is my dresser, which is plain and boring and not worth featuring in a picture.

Comments/suggestions!
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (OCZ Platinum)
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)
GFX : HD4850 (512MB)
PSU : 610W PC Power Silencer
MoBo: Asus P5Q SE
View : Acer H213H 21.5" @ 1920 x 1080

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

I am a Level/Game Designer! http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Old May 2, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nice Grunts.....!!

Old May 2, 2009, 09:33 PM
Banned

You very lucky, I wait at 21 to buy my first PC..... at 19 , no Tandy, No IBM PC, No apple II , no commodore was yet invented
Old May 3, 2009, 04:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

wish i had a playpen like that at that age nice
Old May 3, 2009, 03:06 PM
Allstar
F@H

Tis my birthday on May 5, I'm going to get the parts i need to get my HTPC up and running :P
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (OCZ Platinum)
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)
GFX : HD4850 (512MB)
PSU : 610W PC Power Silencer
MoBo: Asus P5Q SE
View : Acer H213H 21.5" @ 1920 x 1080

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

I am a Level/Game Designer! http://mikeseguin.webs.com/