Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11, 2009, 09:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, in all fairness the ambient room temp was 68f at the time which helps and the Alphacool Yellowstone CPU block and Thermochill 120.3 with push/pull fans along with the big Danger Den dual bay res which holds approx. 60oz of coolant doesn't hurt either

At first I thought the readings were off but after double checking things a few times I'm satisfied that they are correct.

I have a couple more lil mods to do tomorrow then I'll post up final pics.

Old May 12, 2009, 09:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Finished product

Well, I think I'm all done....for now, until the SSD's get back from RMA that is. I'm pretty happy with the overall look, although I haven't decided if I'll keep all the bling lights hooked up yet. Oh yeah, wouldn't ya know it, I ran out of red tubing and had to use 1 piece of clear so that part will have to change, if anyone happens to have an extra foot of red 3/8"ID 1/2"OD tubing kicking please let me know, all you guys coming on the 23rd? the one who shows up with it? I'll buy ya a pint

In keeping with the red & black theme I decided to cover the psu and dvd drive using some leftover mat padding and just using a 1/2" of the adhesive side to stick it on making it easy to remove if necessary, I think it looks pretty cool

I tried my best to keep the wiring well managed and I figure if I can get the side panel closed without using force?...mission accomplished!

Anyhow, here's a bunch of pics.
Attached Images

Old May 12, 2009, 10:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

That looks sweet with the lights on, you should seriously buy a couple red CCFLs to replace the blue ones =D Even still the red and blue contrast really well in that case, and make it look all industrial. Im impressed =)

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old May 13, 2009, 07:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I went with the UV because I had them ...I'm still looking to switch things up as far as the lighting goes....open to suggestions.....may just go "dark"...no lights except the ones lighting up the the cpu.

Old May 14, 2009, 04:38 PM
Top Prospect

Look into stealthing 2 UV Lights, then get one of those Red CCFL kits that will blink/pulse with sound. It provides a really neat effect as when the Red CCFL's turn on, the color changes and vice versa.
Old May 14, 2009, 04:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I personally HATE sound modulated lighting, worst effect ever, in a car or a computer... If you decide to get rid of some of that UV lighting let me know kruzn ;) I might be interested in taking it off your hands :p

Honestly the more I look at your pics the more I like the mixture of the UV and red lighting in that case, gives off a really nice contrasting color effect thats kind of making me want to throw a set of reds in with my blues right now. I really wish somewhere in my town would carry CCFLs... even if I had to pay $20 it beats having to have them shipped.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old July 26, 2009, 01:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default A few changes to the Monster

Well, as some may know by now I'm in the process of making a few lil' changes to My Pet Monster. First off I have to give a great big thank you to zlojack without whom these changes would not be possible, Thank You very much my friend

Ok, so here's what's goin' on, I'm swapping out my 3x 280's for a pair of 295's with HeatKiller waterblocks that I picked up in a trade deal with zlojack. These blocks weigh a TON and truly are Monsters!!

I also picked up the Primochill Typhoon III Res. for the MCP655 with Dual In/Outlets to use with 2 loops. I'm not really convinced about this part yet but I'm hoping it will do the job, having read Jackquelegs thread and chatting I have more info on what to look for and possible changes that may need to be made.

At this point I'm still reseaching for a second rad, I'd like to keep it internal and mount a MCR220 horizontally on the side panel (top 2 fan spaces) but having measured things as best I can I'm not 100% sure it'll fit, I may just have to order one and see how it goes.

Next on the list is a set of Bitspower Black Freezer Classified NB/SB and Mofset blocks that should be here Thurs. or Fri. which gives me time to pre-mearsure and pre-fit everything. I'm also jumping from 3/8" Koolance to 1/2" Bitspower Comp. fittings with Primochill Pro LRT Red tubing to complete the changes.

Here a few pics of these HK Monsters!
Attached Images

Old July 27, 2009, 02:58 PM
Top Prospect

Very nice, but all that gpu power on a single 24" ?? o_O
Old July 27, 2009, 03:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

Very nice Kruz.. before I could offer, I saw you already bought Red tubing. I had some brand new Bue primochill tubing sitting..

Looks real slick.. the paint job on the case, black.. awesome!! :)
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old July 27, 2009, 05:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Mush: nope not just a single 24", also run a 22" 3D Samsung and a 42" Sharp Aquos

Thanks miggs, I really wanted to stay with the red for the Black/Red theme anyways, I thought about going with black but decided it would be too much black.

Well I got pleasant surprise from CP this morning around 10am, my Bitspower blocks arrived from Sidewinder! I only ordered them last Thursday so it really was a bit of a shocker. Anyhow, I went to take more pre-install pics and had dead batteries and I couldn't wait for the recharge so here are a few of the blocks installed.

I'm using a BP D-plug to join the cards but I may switch it out for the Koolance single slot SLI connector because it apprears to be just a tad too long and seems to be putting some pressure on the pcb's to the point they are curving somewhat. I'll have a closer look at it tomorrow and decide which way to go. These BP 1/2" Comp. fittings are HUGE! Too bad they don't fit on the Heatkiller blocks! I knew I should've ordered a couple dual rotary angle fittings! So if anyone has a couple kicking around that you can afford to part with me know, shipping a pair from Sidewinder is almost exactly the same as the price for the 2! :rtfm: I may just use barbs for now.

On to the pics:
Attached Images