Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5, 2009, 06:13 AM
Allstar
F@H

Hey, looking fine! any more pics of her on the bed? :)
Old May 5, 2009, 08:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

On the bed?...just on my dining room table ....unless ya meant test bed to which I would reply....the dining room table is the test bed

Old May 7, 2009, 03:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Awhile back I posted on NCIX about the fact I received an open box Classified only to find out that is supposed to be opened to prove it was tested, I felt pretty stupid about it at the time. Anyhow, the one for my rig was a completely sealed box inside and out and I opened it and just carried on with my build, I tested it before hand and everything appeared to be ok. Well, appearances I guess are deceiving, turns out my non tested board has controller issues. It won't detect HDD's! It did detect the DVD drive though. I tried everything I can think of, reset cmos, removed battery, tested all 5 HDD's in each of the 6 sata ports (also, in the bios it read Sata 0,2,1,3,4,5 which I found strange), flashed the bios (as per EVGA tech), after the flash it did detect the Samsung HDD and it detected in all 6 sata ports but still none of the other drives would show up on any port. I called EVGA again and talked to a tier 2 tech and he was actually shocked to hear the board was an unopened box. After going over several details I was told to RMA it. To make things worse, I couldn't even get through to NCIX RMA dept today and of course there's no callbacks for RMA or tech support. So it looks like I'll have to wait another couple weeks to get this monster up and running. BUMMER!

Old May 8, 2009, 06:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Question I'm sooooo confused!!

Ok so, I'm either dumber than I thought or what are the odds??.....I decided to try a couple of old HHD's I found laying around on the Classified just for kicks to see if they would be detected, 1 from my torrent p4 rig and the other that is basically no good due to bad sectors, both are over 5yrs old and low and beyond they were detected!! I then figured I better try all the other HHD's on my P4 rig and much to my surprise NONE were detected!!

Now the thing is, I'm always very careful about static shock, I use a ground strap, I don't work on carpet etc. So, what are the odds of 3 Brand new drives being DOA?? Both the Vertex SSD's and a Seagate 1TB and my VRaptor (that worked perfect on the other board) are all toast??

Anyone with any thoughts??....the good news I guess is the Classified isn't the problem. I guess I'll RMA all the HDD's

Old May 8, 2009, 07:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

You might want to try to stick the new drives in your old rig to see if they are really toast. I sure hope for you that's not the case. Did you have those drives connected all at once to the Classified? And the PSU... is that working properly? Good Luck!
Old May 8, 2009, 07:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I tried them in the old rig, none detected. At first I had just the SSD's hooked up to the Classified but when they weren't detected I tried the others on still nothing and the psu is fine.

Last edited by kruzn4evr; May 8, 2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old May 8, 2009, 07:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Ouch.... and your PSU? A few days ago I blew two HDD's and two DVD drives because of a faulty cable attached to my PSU..... Do your drives smell toasted?
Old May 8, 2009, 08:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

psu appears fine, I swapped out cables and tried different inputs to be sure and no burning smells, no funny sounds, nothing. what I can't figure out is why it detects the one Samsung but not the raptor, both are from my previous setup and worked perfect, the other 3 drives are fresh out of the box.

Old May 8, 2009, 09:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Did you try the vertex with the jumpers, see if windows identifies it ? My board (P6t) had some trouble before I flashed my drives. And the only ways windows got to see them was with the jumper.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old May 8, 2009, 09:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

no because the bios wasn't detecting any drives so I couldn't get an OS installed to try it. I've got the Samsung 750 working and will load OS and go from there.