Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19, 2009, 10:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default first WC project

This is going to take me a while even though it is only a simple CPU water cool
this first picture is actually Part of my Bedroom combination computer room, Note the Lovely Chair, I catch myself ( several times a day) rolling and bouncing my 200lb+ body rolling and bouncing around on. and my exquiset Desk combination Dresser with the Custom Knee and toe wear marks

this is the innards of my case The picture is blurred ( caffeine shakes)

and finally what I have so far .

I am going to remove the stock ( wight) exhaust fan and replace it with another yates one and see if I can mount the 120 rad on the inside of my case. the only problem I see ( So far) is I will have to remove the PCI Slot retention Lock and do the old school screw down the PCI cards. The lock does clear the Rad just barely ( on the inside near the fan grill) but after I install the rad and if I want to do anything with any of the PCI's I will have to remove the fan, and since I am most likely going to be upgrading from my Ice 3870HD Vid card in the near future I might as well save a hassle and some time now

I Still need to go pick up the distilled water and a Y and T fitting and I don't want to have to spend a $9.00 fee to buy some $6.00 PT nuke ( I cannot believe I forgot to order that when I ordered everything else), So I am thinking that I can use a small amount of Car Antifreeze or even take a little bit of bleach ( which I used years ago in my water bed to prevent organisms from growing. well I am off to the Hardware store to pick up the fittings .
Old April 22, 2009, 05:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Don't use bleach- just stick a little iodine in there if you're looking for a household fungicide.
Old April 22, 2009, 07:45 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Ya, bleach is a bad idea. I've heard of a lot of people using anti-freeze in their loops but I'd stay away. Iodine is a good idea but running pure distilled water is win (I'm waiting on my PT nuke and G11)
Old April 26, 2009, 01:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

picked up some distilled water and a copper T fitting 1/2" 1/2" 3/4" but in my long walk of picking up these parts I still cannot find a Y fitting I know that they have them at NCIX but I don't want to pay 10 shipping on a 3 dollar part lol
Old July 6, 2009, 11:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well today I finally received the top back for my stinger block I was sent an AMD top instead of what I ordered ( 775 top) so I had to send it back ( 20CAD) waited another two weeks and guess what, the holes don't align what I mean is that I have to drill and or file every ( well almost every) hole in order to get the proper alignment and to top that off he didn't send me any extra screws that he said he was going to send. this wouldn't be so bad if I had a place and the proper tools but man this is frustrating me and is costing me more money than I like, I think thatI am just going to box everything up and leav it all alone for a while because the water cooling gods are sending me a message