Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24, 2009, 10:12 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Project "Unus Multorum" - Rebuilding the Rebuild

So I had my first WCing baptism a few weeks back at Digital Overload, my motherboard was totally fried. Not to be put off I saw this as an opportunity to upgrade my machine, unfortunately cash was not permitting so instead an incremental upgrade and MORE COOLING! Can never go wrong with more.

Waiting on a 4870x2 from CMetaphor but I am itching to get this thing up and running, swapping out the videocard will happen once PPCS gets my new block to me.

So pics! *click to enlarge*

Got a top for my 655, looks a LOT nicer this way

Some fittings from zlojack, love the look of compressions:

Motherboard with the sexy Heatkiller block, LOVE the look of this baby, sleek and sexy:

And my biggest fan and assistant

Somehow sitting on my lap counts as help around here

Hopefully the Heatkiller 4870x2 block gets here speedily, I can't wait, hopefully I can have the rig up and running by this evening, then some thermal tests to see how that IC Diamond TIM works, under water for CPU/GPU and probably air for the GPU as well, time permitting.

Last edited by ChuckleBrother; May 14, 2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old May 13, 2009, 09:50 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Well things change quickly, a few quick orders and the build has changed a great deal.

The New Build:
i7 920
Foxconn Bloodrage
Corsair Dominator GT
ATI 4870x2
Corsair TX850

The guts, one of the most expensive piles I have ever made:

GPU looking all big and impressive:

And his new clothes:

One big red and black board, this thing is a dream to work with:

And a money shot with the ram installed, too bad the flash oversaturated it:

While I am waiting for a few stray pieces, here is a test shot of what my sleeving will look like once the cables are all in place

Not the best job I could have done, but I am pleased. Still waiting on a few things, the case is still out at the powder coaters, hopefully getting jazzed up nicely.

This board though, great to work with, glad I followed MpG and got it, I nailed 3.8Ghz and 2000Mhz ram in under an hour with decent temperatures, 4Ghz is stable but requires a bit much voltage.

Hopefully more to come soon.

Last edited by ChuckleBrother; May 14, 2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old May 13, 2009, 10:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

Wow, Heatkiller blocks and MMod-style sleeving? This'll look sweet when done. And I'll try to restrain my envy over those memory sticks.
Old May 13, 2009, 10:11 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You'd better have a window on that case... anything less would be a crime!!! :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 13, 2009, 10:11 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

My pretty pretty former videocard, hehe. Hope you're enjoying it Chucklebrother!

ON a side note, the build looks great so far (and I love cats) but prehaps you should strap your individually sleeved wires together with thing black zipties? No?
Old May 13, 2009, 10:12 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

And I'll try to restrain my bank accounts pain:)

All I have left to sleeve is the 6-pin pcie, which is going to be tricky because I don't want to do the whole PSU(extenders can be used after this psu is retired) and I forgot to buy the extender

Hopefully the powder is done today or tomorrow and I can get some shots of it.

Edit: you guys are ninjas at posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
My pretty pretty former videocard, hehe. Hope you're enjoying it Chucklebrother!

ON a side note, the build looks great so far (and I love cats) but prehaps you should strap your individually sleeved wires together with thing black zipties? No?
I really really am, she's running cool under that block(folding @40C). As for the sleeving, it will be zip tied right behind the mobo, I tested and it keeps it in a neat sexy bundle quite well.
Old May 20, 2009, 09:52 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Minor update, got the case assembled and am now just waiting on a few miscellaneous parts before I start the final component assembly.

Old June 2, 2009, 07:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Been a long time since an update, work on it is finally happening(got the missing pieces).

Got my pump all prepped for it's time in the sun

The leftover bracket from my old reservoir is absolutely perfect for this application, can slide the pump side to side and easily up and down, mounts where I wanted it without any fuss

I got kind of ghetto-functional with my psu, I couldn't find what I needed to screw it in so I cut up some packing foam that it arrived in and voila! Soft but firm mounts for the psu.

Ghetto fabulous

The front bay, just absolutely filled up with stuff, too bad this configuration DOESN'T WORK. my internal USB cable is borked and I haven't had the balls to cut it up yet, gonna have to make a custom one I guess, this orientation is just way too perfect.

Once my camera is back up I'm gonna get it all test fitted and take a daylight pic(iPhone camera is bullshit).
Old June 2, 2009, 08:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

This is going to be a sexy and fast build when you are done with it! I'd love to get my hands on that motherboard/RAM combo.
Old June 2, 2009, 08:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looking good CB!
Like the pump/res combo

But you are going to sleeve the pumps wires right