Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2009, 08:01 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Simply stop and restart a Client. Very simple.

And you must wc those chips... I will help...
Old March 16, 2009, 08:05 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Simply stop and restart a Client. Very simple.

And you must wc those chips... I will help...
You hear that everyone? I Must WC them... hehe. I've always had issues with the idea of Leaks on a motherboard that costs way tooo ing much. Also, if the pump fails... the system overheats? or at least shuts itself off... then you have drain out the water, refill with the new pump installed... = Headache! IF a fan dies in an aircooling setup, I just replace the fan, easy peasy. lol.
Old March 16, 2009, 08:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Not sure how likely that is, I've been using the same pump since sometime last summer and it is still in perfect shape as far as I can tell. If that worries you pay a little bit more and install 2 pumps in series, that way you have a redundant pump in the event of a failure(and more flow/etc).

As for leaks, it won't leak if you put it together right, make it easy on yourself, get compression fittings so there is no tube worry and make sure all your fittings are on tight and test out of the box. Listen to 3.0Charlie, this thing must be WCed for the woaw factor if you do not we might just be sad and make you feel bad.
Old March 16, 2009, 08:44 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckleBrother View Post
this thing must be WCed for the woaw factor if you do not we might just be sad and make you feel bad.
Hmmm.... make me feel bad eh? That wouldnt be very nice. So what then? Internally mounted 240mm Rad at the Back... 360mm Rad in the front.... Two pumps - somewhere... tubing, resevoir... fill port at the top.... sounds scary man. lol.
Old March 16, 2009, 09:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

o.o sixteen cores of 2.2GHz win.

Your system looks beastly, but... It might not make the minimum specs required for Crysis 2....
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (OCZ Platinum)
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)
GFX : HD4850 (512MB)
PSU : 610W PC Power Silencer
MoBo: Asus P5Q SE
View : Acer H213H 21.5" @ 1920 x 1080

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

I am a Level/Game Designer! http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Old March 16, 2009, 09:12 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

That "somewhere" is the whole fun of watercooling! I honestly have more fun putting my machine together than I do USING the damn thing. Location of items depends on what case you are using.
Old March 16, 2009, 09:14 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gruntsworthy View Post
o.o sixteen cores of 2.2GHz win.

Your system looks beastly, but... It might not make the minimum specs required for Crysis 2....
LOL!!! That depends on how processor limited it is or how GPU limited it is... At the moment... It seems like im going to have a GTX280 or two in there. Any better ideas? A 295 instead perhaps?

EDIT: I cancelled the order the GTX280. I made the mistake a long time ago to go with two semi-powerful cards instead of one even more powerful card that cost the same. So I'll either keep my 4870x2 (although the driver issues still suck for ATI + Matrox) or sell it for $$$ towards a GTX 295.

Last edited by CMetaphor; March 16, 2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old March 17, 2009, 11:22 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Edited again, GTX295 is now confirmed thanks to Arekieh! (Thanks dude!) Now just need to sell my 4870x2 and Silverstone 1Kw PSU. Check my FS Thread peoples!
Old March 17, 2009, 11:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckleBrother View Post
That "somewhere" is the whole fun of watercooling! I honestly have more fun putting my machine together than I do USING the damn thing. Location of items depends on what case you are using.
Nice to know I am not the only one. Just finished my case mod and loop already looking at other case's for next time.
Old March 17, 2009, 04:08 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Okay, watercooling questions now, IF i do decided to go with water cooling, here's what im thinking so far:

For the back (2x 120mm spot) = Swiftech MCR220-QP-RES Quiet Power Dual 120MM Water Cooling Radiator & Integrated Reservoir 3/8 in

For the front (if i can make it fit, 3x 120mm spot) = Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power Triple 120MM Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded *IR-$2*

Coils: Swiftech Smartcoils 625 Blue

Tubing (2x or more): Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT Clear 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing (10 Feet)

Fittings (lots of em?): NCIX.com - Buy Bitspower G1/4 Straight Compression Fittings for 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing (Pair) - BP20103 In Canada.

Now, what im really hoping for is a CPU block/pump with 1/2 ID fittings... x4.
If I can get that, then the 240mm Rad has my RES integrated and I dont have to worry about finding a place to put a pump.

Ideas? (Yes I'm a WCing noob, haven't WC'd since my athlon XP days).