Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6, 2009, 09:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Sweet rig !

Old February 7, 2009, 05:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

wait until i get the new drives and my front bay graphic lcd :D

Old February 9, 2009, 07:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I got my new HDD's today :). I will be installing them and setting my nas up tonight, again. (never buy samsung drives for RAID, even the RAID Edition)

Old February 13, 2009, 11:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Bit of an update.

1. The samsung drives are great as along as you don't use them in a raid. (i upgraded my HTPC)

2. The WD Black Edition drives are freaking awesome. I had my raid built and initialized in under 24hrs.

3. I got my Matrix Orbital Typhoon GX today. FREAKING AMAZING LCD. The annoying thing is that i had to buy it from the US so let's get this straight. I had to buy A CANADIAN product, that was exported to the US, then Import it back into canada and pay taxes and handling (i shipped USPS so no duty :D). How does that make sense :).

Anyway i will post some action shots later tonight and if my video camera is charged maybe even a video :D.

Also a ran into a little snafu with the ps3media centre software. It works brilliantly for music and pictures but the video is kind of hit and miss. It seems unless it's a prefectly encoded MKV file it will break, and quite comically at that. Think Chipmunks on Redbull. So for video i am going to stick with my popcorn hour (brilliant peice of tech). But the nas is awesome. And the great thing is it's very future proof. (think 128 Drive NAS :D)

Old July 22, 2009, 02:25 PM
Rookie

hey, post NAS performance result :D
Old July 22, 2009, 04:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

holy thread revival batman. Anyway for the short time i had the nas it worked great performance was rather impressive (nothing as fast as a SAS backplane or SSD's) but around a sustained 200MB/s write and around 400MB read. But i have since parted and sold this. all i have left is the typhoon gx. (stupid surpirse car repairs) i am not sure if i will ever rebuild one. But if you want to see an insane build check out altered Realities NAS project over at the ncix forums. He's a co worker of mine and it's freaking insane.

Old July 22, 2009, 06:15 PM
Rookie

hehe, sorry, didn't notice the time !

Do you have a link? The NCIX forum is not very search friendly... I manage to find your friend, but not his post.
Old July 22, 2009, 06:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by nka View Post
hehe, sorry, didn't notice the time !

Do you have a link? The NCIX forum is not very search friendly... I manage to find your friend, but not his post.
here you go. Start drooling

NCIX FORUMS - AR's Rack Build Log (It's FINALL...

Old July 22, 2009, 06:34 PM
Rookie

thanks a lot ! :)

edit: I really hate the NCIX forum...

btw, he didnt tell what are the part... sadly !

At this point, he confirmed that I will buy a GS724T I was planning to buy that, but wasn't sure about it.

Gave me a lot of new idea for my projet and he's almost using what I was planning, give him a great thanks !

Last edited by nka; July 22, 2009 at 06:55 PM.