Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 26, 2009, 07:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default SugarJ's Nemesis Rebuilt (or WCing, Cosmos S Style)

So, a while back I had a good night playing cards, and won enough money to splurge and buy myself a new case. After a bit of research, and a lot of indecision, I made up my mind and purchased a Cosmos S. I wanted a full tower case that I could easily put an internal wc'ing setup into, and this case fits the bill perfectly. So now it's time to rebuild Nemesis (my nickname for my comp). Although when my wife saw the box, she said "Oh great, another Timewaster."

So here's the original Nemesis 900 with the new Cosmos S behind it. If you think the case is big, you should see the box:

I swear this is an ATX Biostar Tpower I45, although it looks like a MATX in this case:

One nice thing about the Cosmos is the amount of room between the board and the top of the case (about 2 1/4"). I've removed the stock fans to make room for the rad:

Here's a shot after mounting all the hardware, but before stringing any WC lines. At this point I was starting to think I need some sleeving:

One thing to note about the Cosmos. Do not run the power lines through the bottom hole like I've done here. Unless you never plan to put the right side cover on.

Last edited by SugarJ; January 26, 2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old January 26, 2009, 07:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

So, now it's time to hang the rad, string some wc'ing lines, and leaktest. I didn't take any in progress shots, it's pretty easy to see where everything is.

After leaktesting and getting the system up and running, I was and at the same time. While putting everything together was very easy, and cable management is a dream in this case, the silver aluminum backdrop made every cable stand out. So after a couple of weeks, I made up my mind that I was going to fix it:

I now know how Coolermaster sets the price for their systems. It's a buck for every screw and rivet that they use. So, that's how the parts looked when I took them to the powdercoater's this morning. They will be done semi-gloss black when they return. And it's worthwhile to shop around, Hi-Pro Coatings in Langley is charging me a whole $50 to do the 11 parts in that pile, and they should be ready by the weekend.

In the meantime, I'm doing some sleeving. I'll try to post some pics of that later. And here's the case I'm working out of now, as I couldn't shut down Folding for 2 weeks:

She's a beauty, aint she? Note the hightech anti-vibration pad under the pump.

Updates will come as things happen.

Last edited by SugarJ; January 26, 2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old January 26, 2009, 11:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

looking good. What colour are you going for with your loop? How'd you get the white colour in your 900 ?
Old January 27, 2009, 07:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Love it SugarJ "High tech anti-vibration pads" "Was it a 3 sheeter maybe 2, No its just a 1 sheeter" I guess Bounty is more than the quicker picker upper.

I Like that you decided to paint the case, its shame CM didn't already have a Cosmos factory painted.

EE
Old January 27, 2009, 08:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
looking good. What colour are you going for with your loop? How'd you get the white colour in your 900 ?
I've got some Primochill UV Red tubing for the rebuild. And I was running clear PC Ice originally in the 900, then XP+ Blood Red. You can see my UV Purple dye experiment in the temporary rig, but I'm not happy with it. It made floaties in my res, which I'm going to have to clean or replace. And now I've got to open my blocks and clean them too.

At least with the colored tubing, I can run distilled with PT nuke or the clear PC Ice I've got.
Old January 27, 2009, 08:55 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Is that the V9 that your original build was in??

Looks really good, I love how Full Towers just Swallow Parts whole, when I switched from my Armor to Apollo, I asked myself many times how the heck I managed to fit it all in...

Nice build!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 27, 2009, 11:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

Yahooo..

Thanks for stop slacking off your asz.. j/k :P.. sorry :D..

Nice stuff Gord, looks kool.. Cable Management :P..

Good to see you make the move.. Case is huge
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old January 27, 2009, 12:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Looking good!!!! :)

$50 for powdercoating 11 parts? That doesn't sound too bad at all. Kinda hard to tell from the pile you've got there... can we see a shot of the case with those parts out?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old January 27, 2009, 12:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Yahooo..

Nice stuff Gord, looks kool.. Cable Management :P..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Looking good!!!! :)

$50 for powdercoating 11 parts? That doesn't sound too bad at all. Kinda hard to tell from the pile you've got there... can we see a shot of the case with those parts out?
@miggs, ya, the visible cables is one of the big reasons I tore the case apart. Those were interim shots. I did do a bunch of hiding, but that's why I'm now powdercoating and sleeving.

@sswilson, I'll put the remaining parts together and take a picture tonight. Then you'll see what a leap of faith it was. That's the whole aluminum box and drive cage supports there. And it was a smoking deal on the powdercoating, I thought. I'd planned on $100. We'll see how it turns out.
Old January 27, 2009, 12:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah man $50 very reasonable.. Very sweet deal.. No worries will wait for final pics. Sometimes I have a tendency of viewing pics and not reading much :P..

So you using the XSPC block on the 4870.. If you can somehow before redoing the loop, post some glamour pics of the block, especially the inner part.. Would love to compare with the EK..

Cheers...
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution