Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 18, 2009, 01:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima View Post
he he, not easy to get clear shots...

If I am not mistaken, setting the ISO high compensates for shake, setting it low makes for more blurry photos due to shake. From what a Future Shop sales man tells me, results like this -> http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2171/...ff9c3ee27b.jpg are obtained by using a low ISO setting and fast moving objects .
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Raising ISO lowers the length of exposure. Best thing is to use a lower ISO and a tripod.
Actually ISO is how much light the camera will let onto the sensor.

A low ISO of 100 is good for sun where an ISO of 800 is for darker areas to allow more light in.

Shutter is what allows for pictures like that. You leave your shutter open longer and you end up with pictures like that; 10 sec shutter for pics like that; 1 sec shutter for sports to catch in still frame.
Old January 19, 2009, 02:19 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Couple of shot"s of my Good Luck figurine"s and my Ocz cooler.
Attached Images

Old January 19, 2009, 04:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Base of my HDT S1284
Attached Images

Old January 19, 2009, 08:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post

A low ISO of 100 is good for sun where an ISO of 800 is for darker areas to allow more light in.

Shutter is what allows for pictures like that. You leave your shutter open longer and you end up with pictures like that; 10 sec shutter for pics like that; 1 sec shutter for sports to catch in still frame.
True but with a digital camera i wouldn't go over 400 on a p&s or 800 on a entry level SLR unless of course your using something like a nikon d3/d3x or a canon 5d or 1d, Or an entry level slr with a f1.2 macro lens :) The reason is that really high iso rates can cause noise to be shown on the picture as making the shot grainy. lower the iso to 100 and use a tripod.

Old January 19, 2009, 05:24 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:

Thanks dude
Old January 31, 2009, 01:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The day my RAM comes in is a beautiful day.

New stuff! FINALLY jeez.

Old February 1, 2009, 02:03 PM
Top Prospect

Default Oops

Some pics of a Pentium M that I blew with canned air, out of my hand. It flew about 3m and bounced on a concrete floor. It cracked into 6 pieces.

Old February 1, 2009, 02:35 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
that is not correct, but i understand what you are trying to say. the shutter is what lets the amount of light into the sensor, the ISO is the level of sensitivity to that light. further explanation in a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdguy View Post
The reason is that really high iso rates can cause noise to be shown on the picture as making the shot grainy. lower the iso to 100 and use a tripod.
bingo. you want low ISO, especially at night, and long shutters for those effects. a tripod is an absolute must.

the reason noise (the technical term for what most refer to as grain) at high ISO shows up is because the image signal is being amplified which also amplifies the noise. noise is always there, but at low ISO we don't really notice it. this is how digital cameras achieve multiple ISO levels...they raise or lower the sensivity to light by increasing or decreasing the amplification of the image the sensor sees. hope that makes sense.

for guys like me shooting sports in a gym with poor lighting and no strobes, we need high ISO in order to maintain 1/500 shutters. noise is just something that is inevitable in that case, and for news print or the like, it doesn't even show up. that is what made the 20D back in the day the king of sports shooting, even better than the original 1D...it had the least amount of noise at ISO1600. nowadays a dozen other cameras perform better at high ISO but the 20D was the original low light sports shooting bad boy on the digital camera market
Old February 1, 2009, 03:11 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Was always rather partial to this shot:

The colours of eVGA boards always seemed very classy to me. There was something about the pure white, neon green coupled with black and dark blue that is just.... hot :P

Old February 1, 2009, 03:32 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

see, and the EVGA colors have always bugged me...no cohesiveness at all. too Gigabyte'ish. i am just going through photos from an upcoming DFI review and here is one of the rejects. the colors may not be for everyone, but at least they all jive.

i am absolutely loving the new 17mm-35mm Tamron i picked up for a song, adds so much to hardware photos with the wider angle IMO.