Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 2, 2011, 09:27 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Here is my new setup :D
Acer H5 Projector
Its kind of a ghetto setup right now, i have some ideas to clean it up :P
140" of awesome :D

I cant wait to get nvidia 3d vision kit and try that out with it :D
Old June 3, 2011, 04:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

not bad. For cleaning it up i would recommend getting a ceiling mount if it's allowed (not sure if your in an apartment or not). IS the acer a hi-def projector or just 720p.

Old June 3, 2011, 07:45 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Well I have it on a shelf on my back wall and all my stuff is kind of all thrown on it (xbox, laptop etc) and there are cables everywhere. So i'm thinking of getting a tv stand. Kind of like the coffee table looking ones and just throwing a receiver and everything in that then just running one hdmi cable around back to the projector. It is an apartment and I wish i could ceiling mount :( Also yes it is 720p but for the price I got it, I cannot complain :) Also it is bright enough that you can use it easily in daytime lighting.
BTW it is an ACer H5360. 720p projector. It is also TINY! I could bring it in my backpack with my laptop no problem if I wanted to bring it anywhere!
Old June 3, 2011, 08:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

nice. That is similar to what i had setup with my HT and worked out quite well. Here is what i would suggest.

1. Get some of the LACK tv benches from ikea. They look nice are fairly cheap and with 2 stacked on top of each other give you ALOT of equipment space.

2. Get a 40" HDMI cable from monoprice and just run that to the projector.

3. Any cables running across your carpet can be covered up quite nicely with a throw rug.

4. By all means enjoy the hell out of your projector. But just a word of warning once you go projector you will not want to go back :)

Old January 18, 2012, 03:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

here's my modest setup:

-Sony Bravia KDL-40VE5 40" LCD
-Teac MCD-90 (old CD player/receiver I got a looong time ago. came with nice bookshelf speakers and sounds pretty decent. the CD player portion no longer works at all and the subwoofer channel doesn't either if I recall but it's oodles better than TV speakers)
-the white laptop cooler holds my wife's macbook pro when we watch stuff off it, gives a much better image quality than the xbox IMHO. sometimes the macbook doesn't recognize our TV as an input though which is kinda annoying, might be something to do with the thunderbolt-DVI-HDMI conversion.

hopefully I'll run a bunch more cords to it from my computer, at least sound to get rid of the headphone extension cable running across the floor right now...

the shelf is a little high for the speakers and the TV could move up a couple inches too but overall it's ok.

TV stand is a ~$10 ikea lack table with a couple painted black 1/4" plywood shelves I whipped up.

Here's our seating, loveseat and futon:

Old February 2, 2012, 04:43 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

My older brothers house. I will take more pictures. Galaxy S2 camera doesn't work well in low light.
Old February 2, 2012, 06:40 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Just finished this last week. built the fireplace, did the ledgestone, everything. Embedded the stereo in the wall. In behind that is the Walk in closet off the master bedroom, all the wires are in there.

Old February 2, 2012, 08:03 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Just finished this last week. built the fireplace, did the ledgestone, everything. Embedded the stereo in the wall. In behind that is the Walk in closet off the master bedroom, all the wires are in there.

Wow. Very nicely done.
Old February 2, 2012, 08:43 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Thanks, quite proud of it. I call my decor Female friendly man cave :). Took a lot of time. Ran the wires to the rear surround up through the roof too. And zone 2 speakers in my Garage. And HDMI through the floor to my gym downstairs. The components:
Samsung 65" D550 plasma
Bell PVR
HTPC - Core i3, 60gb SSD, 2tb storage drive.
Denon AVR 2311 7.1 dual zone amp
Klipsch RC-62 Center
Energy Bookshelf and Polk surrounds.
xbox and PS3

Edit: Here is a before picture of that corner:

Last edited by Squeetard; February 2, 2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old February 2, 2012, 04:29 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

My 7.1 setup.

Last edited by Tha Lao Guy; March 30, 2012 at 02:25 PM.