Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 21, 2010, 08:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdguy View Post
i noticed in your post your replacing your plasma. You have than enough room for front projection. I would serisouly consider that route. (i use a projector and love it)
I have considered projection screens but I have worked with a few home automation companys over the years and they still say dollar for dollar a high end plasma is still better, the last home we worked on in west van they spent $15 K on a projector and the plasmas are still a way better picture IMO , and for half the price .
Old April 21, 2010, 09:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff View Post
I have considered projection screens but I have worked with a few home automation companys over the years and they still say dollar for dollar a high end plasma is still better, the last home we worked on in west van they spent $15 K on a projector and the plasmas are still a way better picture IMO , and for half the price .
well i can tell you that my projector didn't cost anywhere near that and is still a full 1080p full hd projector. If you were in the ottawa area i could invite you over for a viewing if you like. But if you have your hearts set on a plasma thats fine as well. I just don't think i could back to anything smaller than 90" which is why lcd/plasma are out for me. Not that i am complaing or anything
Old April 21, 2010, 09:53 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
well i can tell you that my projector didn't cost anywhere near that and is still a full 1080p full hd projector. If you were in the ottawa area i could invite you over for a viewing if you like. But if you have your hearts set on a plasma thats fine as well. I just don't think i could back to anything smaller than 90" which is why lcd/plasma are out for me. Not that i am complaing or anything
My other problem is that we only sit 12 feet away from the screen so anything bigger than 60 or 70 inches would be tough , although I would like bigger I am sure my wife would have something to say about that. LOL
I can't believe someone actually has one of those coin grabber things, I havent seen one since I was a kid (had a tomb stone one) or did you just find a clip of one?
Old August 10, 2010, 07:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

First place..... need a new tv and better lighting lol.

Last shot, completely unrelated, but is the view i have from the balcony.
Attached Images

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old August 14, 2010, 05:04 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Heres some shots of my modest setup.

I know the wires are a little messy :P

TV:
Samsung c610 1080p 120hz with DLNA
Audio:
Sony DAVHDZ4855.1 1000w
-Right now everything is running through a manual optical switch to the optical in on the sony dvd player/amp but I will be getting a receiver soon. should help clean up those wires too.
HTPC:
core 2 duo e3110
4gb 1066 ddr2
wd black 640
2x 1tb samsung f1
8800gt
auzentech xplosion
blu ray writer

Last edited by snatchby; August 14, 2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old January 16, 2011, 07:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Name:  DSCF0926.jpg
Views: 1931
Size:  99.5 KB

Nothing fancy,
Pioneer VSX-520K, Fluance 5 speaker system, Sony active sub, Rogers HD and LG 47LD520.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)

Last edited by mo' power; January 16, 2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old January 16, 2011, 11:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
Attachment 12713

Nothing fancy,
Pioneer VSX-520K, Fluance 5 speaker system, Sony active sub, Rogers HD and LG 47LD520.
Not a bad setup by any stretch of the imagination however i am not thrilled with the colors between the Black Avparts, What looks like a cherry colored (or cherry) entertainment unit and a bright blue back ground. Just my 2 cents i would have either gone with a darker paint or just wall mount the tv with a small av cabinet underneath.

Old January 16, 2011, 12:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Not a bad setup by any stretch of the imagination however i am not thrilled with the colors between the Black Avparts, What looks like a cherry colored (or cherry) entertainment unit and a bright blue back ground. Just my 2 cents i would have either gone with a darker paint or just wall mount the tv with a small av cabinet underneath.
The reason I went with cherry is because of the large cherry accents on the loveseat (left), chair (right) and the couch which is not in view. I would have preferred to wall mount the tv but I rent in an apartment building and the walls are either concrete board or block wall. The only way to drill is with a masonry bit and probably use tapcons to mount the bracket.

If the wall color you see is bright blue, your monitor(s) definitely needs to be adjusted/calibrated big time! My monitor shows all the colors in that photo almost dead on. The walls are a light green-gray (not even close to anything resembling blue) and the parquet flooring is almost the color of liquid honey. The couch color is a bit darker than emerald green and a few shades lighter than forest green. The flower pattern is a color about midway between gold and silver and the stripes are red.

As you see, I was going with greens, cherry and black.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old January 16, 2011, 12:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Bright blue? I see a rather faded or light blue at most really.
Old January 16, 2011, 06:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

sorry about that ya i think someone was playing with my monitor settings. It's now a more dull color And i can see why you went with the cherry entertainment unit. And i can understand the problems with living in an apartment (i had a projector setup in mine till i had to move out due to rent increases and a lack of income.)