Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14, 2010, 09:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Sweet!
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water
Old April 14, 2010, 05:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Wow! That is a sick HT.... the stuff I and fellow techies/movie buffs dream about. Hope you enjoy every bit, and I hope someday I can afford something cool like that.
Old April 14, 2010, 05:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpolyz View Post
Wow! That is a sick HT.... the stuff I and fellow techies/movie buffs dream about. Hope you enjoy every bit, and I hope someday I can afford something cool like that.
Amen to that, imagine gaming on that kind of set up as well
Old April 14, 2010, 07:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque View Post
My Home Theater. Acoustically treated and fully sound-proofed. The room is decoupled from the house.

My noise floor is so low in there that people always tell me they ''feel strange'', since they are not used to ultra low noise floor like that. Like one of my audiophile friend told me (a reviewer for an audio magazine) when listening to music in that room: ''it's like the sound is coming from a black-hole of silence''. :)

Bass-trap in all the corners, and in the columns. Owans-Corning 703 (where needed, 1st reflection, etc) under Gilford of Maine, all over the room. Over 50000 staples. The stage is also full of sand and decoupled form the floor and walls. The room is 24 feet long and ceiling is 11 feet high. :)

There is bass-shakers in all the Lazy-Boy. Rockin!

Thee is a heatpump only for this room, so the air circulation is independant. There is also a dedicated electric panel coming from the street only for the HT. So no electric ''noise'' coming from the house. There is like 6 20A breakers in there. :)

My wife is sleeping just on the other side of the wall, and I'm watching a movie at 120 db! There is a brick wall separating the house from the HT. :)

Front view.

Back view. All my equipement is beyond the door to be sure the LEDs are not killing my ANSI CR. :)

With motorized 2.35:1 masking system.

And the ''casual'' HT. Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro-111FD 9G. Fully calibrated with i1 Pro.

amazing setup. where do you live .
Old April 15, 2010, 04:55 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandL View Post
^^^^what with the blue network cable running openly across the floor??? had to point that out. but nice set up.
LOL. The blue cable is an electrical cord extension for my drill. I was drilling something in the back and forgot to remove the extension before taking the picture.

Thank you all for the nice comments. It took 6 months to build that room. We had to use over 50000 staples in there to hang the GOM (Gilford of Main) one-by-one, 1 inch at a time! It was alot of work. But was well worth it.

And the ''worst'' part is that the sound and image quality is better then the ''look''. The wife didn't want to be in a ''tomb'' like she said... The ''wife-factor'' is strong in her. But if you take a look at her (my avatar) you will understand why I can't really say no to her.

The sound quality in there is sick. The room was fully analyzed and carefully planned to sound the best. 2 acousticians worked hard in there. Alot of audiophile and videophile came in that room, and they all came out with a wide grin stuck on there faces for weeks...

Listening to music in an acoustically treated room is a real experience. Everyone coming out of that room after a listening session is not the same.

I live far up north in Quebec. And 2 of my neighbors are police officers. Here's the view from my backyard. 2 sunsets. Those colors were for real. No Photoshopping. Canada is a wonderful country. I think we can all agree about that.

Oups. Edit. I forgot. Yes, I'm also gaming in there. It's awesome, on that 8 feet wide screen. Yesterday, I was playing Stalker Clear Sky with ArtsPavel Complete Mod (great work Pavel!) and jumped 2 feets high in my chair when a Bloodsucker attacked me from behind at night. With the surround sounds, it was SCARY!

Last edited by Levesque; April 15, 2010 at 05:07 AM.
Old April 20, 2010, 04:17 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Lousy camera , sorry . Bigger plasma this Xmas the 50 doesn't quite do it
Attached Images

Old April 20, 2010, 05:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque View Post

Damn right! as a professional audio engineer I greatly appreciate your setup. You did well grasshopper!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old April 20, 2010, 06:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Damn right! as a professional audio engineer I greatly appreciate your setup. You did well grasshopper!
All that and only a grasshopper?!?!?I want to see that of a masters set-up
Old April 20, 2010, 06:51 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

We enjoy it alot , my wife is up to hard on rockband and she even let me pick out the pizza proof carpet. And I really like Levesque's' setup.
Old April 21, 2010, 05:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

i noticed in your post your replacing your plasma. You have than enough room for front projection. I would serisouly consider that route. (i use a projector and love it)