Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8, 2008, 07:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default The Beast (not really) in all its glory.

This is my Apollo Build, its not done yet as I'd like to Liquid Cool it eventually, but for now it works.

Thanks!

ST
Attached Images

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 9, 2008, 03:31 PM
Top Prospect

sweet! I have a similar build (clock speed and case) see sig

Soon up and running:
Thunder
ASUS Rampage II Gene \\ Intel i7 920 \\ EVGA GTX 275 \\ Corsair 6GB 1600MHz 7-7-7-20 \\ WD Caviar Black 640GB \\ Blu Ray Drive \\ Corsair HX620W \\ NZXT Rogue
Old December 9, 2008, 03:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Nice! Yeah its a nice case, balanced on most fronts (except it could use better front intake). Nice to see another Apollo kicking around!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old December 9, 2008, 03:56 PM
Top Prospect

yeah, they are nice cases...haven't had any problems...okay, well I did have one, but that could be spinned as ASUS' fault for putting outward facing SATA ports on the front side...it was cramped getting those things in...

edit: and I think that was pretty ingenious of you putting that extra fan in the front

Soon up and running:
Thunder
ASUS Rampage II Gene \\ Intel i7 920 \\ EVGA GTX 275 \\ Corsair 6GB 1600MHz 7-7-7-20 \\ WD Caviar Black 640GB \\ Blu Ray Drive \\ Corsair HX620W \\ NZXT Rogue
Old December 9, 2008, 04:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

That would be my iStarUSA Mobile Rack with a AeroCool Highflow LED Fan behind it.

Suprisingly enough, there is some airflow even when the door is shut on the case. If I end up getting a Swiftech Cooling setup I'm going to add another one at the front of my computer to increase the intake even more.

Its a fairly cheap upgrade to make on this case, which is nice.

Any Pics of your Setup?

Regards,
ST

Old December 10, 2008, 12:02 PM
Top Prospect

mmm...maybe in the future, I'd be embarrassed to put my year old build up and have it compared to the builds people have on this site....

Soon up and running:
Thunder
Old December 10, 2008, 12:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hey man its okay. This is work within your means. Not everyone has the Coin to do the setups people have here.
If you built it yourself, then be happy that you did.
Mine isn't perfect, but it works.

Trust me,
ST

Old December 10, 2008, 01:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice rig man, but I think I know what you want for Christmas: a new Camera :) . The pictures are a little blurry, probably because of the low light, but I don't know. Nice Intel rig!
Old December 10, 2008, 01:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks Bo!
I know its not = to the elite rigs we have on this site.
I am happy with it though. Plays the games I want it to play, runs stable, runs cool (CoreTemp Logs have yet to record a Temp Exceeding 42 Degrees).
A second iStarUSA Storm Rack is on order right now, 7-21 days though
and I'm hunting for some flexible Mesh to change out for my Smoked front Bezel.
Increase the Airflow dramatically when I do that.
I am truely shocked that my little ol' Mascool 8WA741 is up to the E8400 Challange, but when the E8600 goes in thats when I WC the whole rig.

I appriciate you looking at it!

Best Regards,
ST

Old December 10, 2008, 01:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

P.S. Camera is my Blackberry.
My Digital Camera has a special cable MIA at the moment so I'm stuck with that.

ST