Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 9, 2009, 09:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's very good.

I was getting over 80C on my WATERCOOLING with 1.43v at 3.9GHz with about 22-23C Ambients. We live on the third floor and all the heat rises. The basement is about 18C

I think maybe the block is too restrictive for my pump and my small rad (lol a PA120.2 is "small" now)
Old January 9, 2009, 09:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Those are extremely high temperatures for water cooling.. wow. Something must not be right....
EDIT: oops, didn't mean to press enter. Anyways, i was going to say, did you reseat the water block?
Old January 9, 2009, 10:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
Those are extremely high temperatures for water cooling.. wow. Something must not be right....
EDIT: oops, didn't mean to press enter. Anyways, i was going to say, did you reseat the water block?
Have done 4 reseats. I notice on the i7 that the cores are slightly off-centre. I wonder if the EK Supreme just isn't getting the water impact in the right place. I'm also going to lap my impingement plate to make sure it isn't any more restrictive than possible.
Old January 10, 2009, 01:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Testing out the lighting with the red CCFL. I've put one under the near window below the acrylic mobo tray and the other above the window. It looks a lot brighter in the pic than it actually is.

I don't like the blue lights on the front :( I need to figure out a way to reverse them so they shine red. They're too damn bright. I remember a mod someone did where they reversed the lights and put something on them to lower the intensity. I need to find that.

Anyway, here are the pics. The CCFL kit comes with a connector for a 3-pin header, so I can control the on/off from the Rheobus for both lights!

I'm not 100% sold on the red...I'm thinking white CCFLs might do better with my black/silver theme.

Old January 10, 2009, 01:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

zlojack, if that's the sunbeam rheobus, you can reverse the LEDs in about 5 minutes. The leads just slide into sockets on the PCB specifically so you can reverse them. Pull the leads out gently with needlenose pliers, pop the LEDs out of the front panel. Rebend the LED leads the other way. Reinsert LED's, push leads back in sockets with aforementioned needlenose. You'll want a work light or flashlight handy so you can see the socket holes.

Cheers, now your low voltage will glow blue, high voltage red.

To dim the brightness, you can paint over 1/2 the LED plastic, or go ghetto like I did and use a Black Sharpie and color them over. I paid a whole $13 for this rheobus, and plan to replace it. I'm still looking for a nice fan controller with red lighting.

Edit: I've got red CCFL's with Blood Red coolant, it totally washes out the color against the background. I think white CCFL's are the way to go, or UV with UV reactive tubing.
Old January 10, 2009, 01:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice...when I take the rig apart to replumb the CPU loop and add the motherboard blocks, I'm doing that mod for sure. Do you have pics of yours?

I'm definitely getting white CCFLs. I'm not a big fan of UV
Old January 10, 2009, 01:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlojack View Post
Do you have pics of yours?
The sunbeam or the whole build?

I'm still in the cleanup the wires stage of my build in the Cosmos. It's not ready for a public unveiling yet. If you want I'll take an in-progress shot for you.
Old January 10, 2009, 01:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
The sunbeam or the whole build?

I'm still in the cleanup the wires stage of my build in the Cosmos. It's not ready for a public unveiling yet. If you want I'll take an in-progress shot for you.
Yeah, just the mod you did...I don't want you to ruin your unveiling
Old January 10, 2009, 03:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I have a hard time getting to 4 also.. I can't get 20x200. If you do get it though, then share your results
Old January 10, 2009, 03:38 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlojack View Post
Yeah, just the mod you did...I don't want you to ruin your unveiling
Easier said than done. I'll see if I can slide it out far enough to take a pic without having to disconnect everything.

Tags
water cooling