Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 13, 2008, 10:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The best part is, I ordered them with fast shipping on Thursday from NCIX and I got them on Friday.

Awesome!
Old December 13, 2008, 10:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Says they are 2-5 days delivery tho. :( Are they actually in stock?
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old December 14, 2008, 05:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

When I ordered mine, it said there were two left in stock and I got them the next day.
Old December 14, 2008, 07:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

/cry

Haha, Damn! Well I'll see what happens if I order some.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old December 16, 2008, 07:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Alright! I got two separate packages today!

One from NCIX and one from Sidewinder!
All I need now are a few more things (EK 1366 mounts and some sleeving stuff and some soldering gear) and I'll be able to finish the build!

Here's what was in the one from Sidewinder!

And here's what was in the one from NCIX:

I must say, this block looks a hell of a lot better in person than it did in the pics I saw.

Nice reflection!

And now the card!

EVGA comes very well-packaged and came with Far Cry 2!

All the goodies:

The card itself

Side view

Another angle

Back of the card:

And the connectors
Old December 16, 2008, 07:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

And then I put it in my rig:

And it seems to be running fine!!!
Old January 4, 2009, 09:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I decided to start off the year working on my case so on New Year's Day I pulled everything apart and got to work. Basically I had to cut some holes, sleeve some cables and install the watercooling...so...almost nothing (yeah right!)

I got the pumps installed fairly easily along with the PSU and the HDD and Optical drive, fan controller and dual-chamber reservoir

Here's a closer shot of the pumps. I ended up putting foam between the pump and the floor of the case, which supports the pump nicely so the drain port isn't taking all the weight.

Here's the rear of the case with the 120.1

Here's the evidence of the DUMBEST THING I'VE DONE THIS YEAR SO FAR! (I know it's still early :D) Anyway, trying to cut a hole with a holesaw around an existing hole is not a good idea. The holesaw jumped and look at the result. I'm going to touch it up with some car touchup paint :(

Here are the pump intakes. For some reason, when I did my mockup, I could use compression fittings on the CPU pump inlet and res outlet, but this time it wouldn't work. Good thing I had some regular 3/8" fittings around!!

Here's the pump outlet to the GPU loop.

A shot of the rear panel with the hole I made for the fan cables. The cables are spliced together and lead to one header on the fan controller so I control the whole loop with one knob.

Here are the inlets for the rear rads. My Dremel skills leave something to be desired. I've learned a lot during this build, unfortunately, the case was the victim :(

Now to the motherboard tray and some tubing runs to the top of the case. I decided to sleeve the tubing and I think it turned out pretty nice! :D At least it will help me forget about the Dremel disaster...

The motherboard: EVGA X58 SLI with EK Supreme installed

Old January 4, 2009, 09:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Alright...so after getting the bottom half of the case out of the way, it was time to get the top tubing done. This was actually pretty easy and fun...even though the BP fittings chewed up my fingers nicely when tightening :D

Here's the CPU loop:

And the GPU loop:

And some overall shots (ready to be filled)

Now filled and bleeding.
Old January 4, 2009, 01:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sweet looking rig. Very nice build. How's it run?

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old January 4, 2009, 05:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks! It's going well so far.

Alright, here are some shots of the build as it stands. There are still some details to be finalized, but it's close. Of course, once I get more video cards, I'll have to reconfigure the loop a bit, but this will be good for now!

It's up and running with Windows installed and updated. I'm now in the process of installing programs! Lots of fun :D

Here are the pics:

I went for some closeups and stuff...just having some fun. :o

Tags
water cooling