Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28, 2009, 09:43 AM
Fallen HWCer

Lol... I don't remember getting paid at all. Damn, I ripped myself off there big time.

Everything is packed up and ready to go now. We'll pick this up next week in BC. =)

for now... more Flash games are in order:
Thanks to everyone who signed up on my behalf - the game is really addicting isn't it? It's a good thing that they limit the mayhem to a few mins a day.

I managed to loose the bet by a margin of only 2.... I got to 98pupil in 24hrs, which is pretty impressive IMO (albeit I have no basis for comparison, lol).

I'm going to start a clan when I hit level 10 - so if you find yourself interested in this little flash time waster then watch this space and join my clan when the time comes.

For those of you who haven't joined in on the fun - give it a whirl:
prometheuscu.mybrute.com
Old May 1, 2009, 07:31 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

May I add my own "I hate you" and "You're a freak of nature (and machine)" and "I really wish that I had your machines and prowess and patience."

I'm new to the forums, but I've been catching up on this thread for the past couple days, reading a bit when I had time, and I am just dumbfounded. You are just ridiculously good at what you do. You've been an inspiration, now I really want to try modding a case or two. Of course, I'm hoping to get the rest of my parts in the mail today so that I can build my very first computer this weekend, so I don't want to get ahead of myself.

I hope I reach your level of expertise/awesomeness/machines within the next ten years of my life.

(Oh, and I became your pupil in mybrute, but a bit too late to help you win your bet)
Old May 5, 2009, 09:39 AM
Fallen HWCer

Thanks for the very kind words of support mate.
Best of luck to you in your blossoming modding career (once you're hooked... there's no escape).
If you should need help at all feel free to toss me a PM

Still waiting on my possessions to be shipped from Toronto. They're supposed to be here Friday... which means they'll probably be here Monday/Tuesday.
Old May 5, 2009, 12:18 PM
Top Prospect

Thanks for the update, was wondering where you went.
Intel Core i7 970 @ 4GHz
Corsair HX750
Corsair H70 + 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM
G.Skill 6GB DDR3 F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ RAM 9-9-9-24
EVGA GeForce GTX 570
120GB OCZ Vertex 2
640GB Western Digital Black
Logitech Z-4 2.1 Speakers
Steelseries 6GV2 + Razer Mamba
BenQ 24" E2420HD LCD
Old May 7, 2009, 12:04 PM
Rookie

very nice build you have going on there, cannot wait to see it when its all complete :D
Old May 16, 2009, 09:58 PM
Fallen HWCer

Greetings.
All is well - I did fracture a rib in to places... but it's not slowing me down any.
I haven't had a computer set up in my hotel until today - and I try and dedicate my school time to scholastic pursuits.

My possessions arrive weds this week and I only just today had the opportunity to dive into the boxes.
Only damage: The Styrofoam cooling tank for my still got crushed, and the worst thing that could possibly happen (not really but I'm still incredibly pissed off) the decals on my mint-condition 1982 Bianchi Pro Limited -my bicycle- got scratched in transit!!! If it's not apparent... I love my bike, and I spent a very long time tracking down all the parts to assemble it.

I'm a mad man at school - I make sure I'm there 12-18hrs a day, never fail. I really enjoy what I study, and Love the atmosphere (Digital Design at Vancouver Film School, for those wondering).
I'm a bit of a keener because I want to graduate with honors... and hopefully be able to study under one of my Photoshop idols.

The boring crap out of the way...

My first task will be to file all this copper - get'r bent - then assembly will begin.

I'll be back at it and full force over the coming weeks, expect updates and what I'm sure will be large piles of copper filings strewn about my hotel (sorry Hyat!) soon.
Also I can offer some killer videos now that I have access to VancouverFilmSchools amazing production facilities and HD cameras.

Tune in soon.
-Jesse
Old May 16, 2009, 11:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Just curious, who is your photoshop idol? and how are you liking that course so far? I had a chance to start on that path but it became a little unrealistic for me given my situation =( But once I get out of school I may go back and do a little design stuff, for now its gotta be a side project.

I love this case design though, you have some amazing design skills and some very impressive resources at hand.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old May 17, 2009, 10:48 AM
Fallen HWCer

I'm loving the course! I actually started it a year ago, but took the time off to peruse some of my own projects.

I have many influences, but when it comes to photo manipulation there is 1 man I respect above all others. Since the inception of Photoshop Sergio Toporek has been a pioneer in photo manipulation.
His career has focused mainly in the recording industry - he's produced an ungodly number of album covers for major bands (hundreds of them). More recently he's been doing a lot of fractal art (which isn't my cup of tea TBH), because he's mastered everything else.

He's an astounding mind and an amazing artist - and his philosophies have been an influence on my own art.

Sergio's Website
Old May 17, 2009, 03:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

One of my biggest inspirations as of late is Kuang Hong, Ive been getting deeper and deeper into digital drawing/painting and this guy deffinetly has it mastered, the amount of detail in his work is astounding..

Art of Kuang Hong [new.works]

Although I also love 3d abstract and its what I did for most of my time, I am really liking the freedom of a wacom tablet and photoshop.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old June 25, 2009, 06:29 PM
Fallen HWCer

I hear that my man, I picked up a 12wx cintiq not more than a week ago; the old intuos3 is going on craigslist :P

I'm still alive, and still working on prometheus with every spare breath.

I've been up to many things... short films, editing an indy picture, shooting a pin-up girl calendar, several websites, and school as well; too many projects for just one post.

This week I made 2 orders for this project, orders of forgotten things. Which means the end is extremely f*cking neigh.

I'll be back soon, and with reinvigorated haste.

I'm actually STILL living in a hotel, I've been too busy to do the condo hunt thing.

tune in soon.
-Jesse