Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18, 2009, 09:19 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Ahhhh, gotcha.
Old March 18, 2009, 09:48 AM
Fallen HWCer

Here you go... the least exciting thing you'll see all year!

Lol, I took this last night late when the machine was just drilling holes.

The quality of the video is below sub-par but I'll take some better shots today when it's light out (I had a spot light balanced on my shoulder for the video below, lol) and when the machine is doing more than drilling holes.

VIDEO

Its not much, but enjoy.
Old March 18, 2009, 12:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I thought I had some neat tools. You've got your own CNC router?!?! Nice.
Old March 18, 2009, 09:20 PM
Fallen HWCer

SugarJ - Thanks mate, the router is just but one of the toys filling up space up my shop, Mill w/ digital feed, lathe, and 5-axis CNC Mill. These things can be found cheap at bankruptcy auctions - I just got the CNC mill like-new for about 1/20th of the price it was purchased for (it came with all the cutters, claps, clevices, and accessories you could imagine). I posted some pics of the shop before I installed the new mills and snadblaster somewhere in an earleir post.

I'm sorry for the crappy quality but I left my camera at home when I left to play in the shop for 3days.

I've completed cutting all of these parts:
36"x 36" = 1mm 'Rigid' Aerospace Milspec Carbon
*click for big ~3000px*

I've already programmed and downloaded these to the machine, they will be cut next mon/tues:
36"x 48" = 1.58mm 'Ultra Rigid' Aerospace Milspec Carbon
*click for big ~3000px*

And these will be cut shortly thereafter:
48" x 48" = 2mm copper plate
*click for big ~3000px*

I'll upload the part pics tomorrow when the sun's out and I can get decent pics - CF doesn't photograph easily... sunshine helps a lot.

For now, I give you crappy cell phone pics and videos of the cutting in action. Believe it or not all these years and this is the first time I've actually taken advantage of a cell camera - you'll notice this inexperience in my sideways videos... lol.

First, here are some pics I took of the router a while back:

Photos:

Videos:
VIDEO 2
VIDEO 3
VIDEO 4
VIDEO 5

-

More updates and MUCH BETTER PHOTOS coming soon.

Last edited by Langer; March 18, 2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old March 18, 2009, 09:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So wait; are you now making your own case or still using the LL? /confused
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 18, 2009, 09:35 PM
Fallen HWCer

Accenting the LiLi... it needs to be 4" taller to accommodate the rad+fans. It also needs to be at least 3" off the ground to maximize airflow (the air comes in though the bottom).
All of the parts are illustrated above, and labeled with their purpose. ;) I cant fit 3 PSUs, 4 Computers, 3 Cooling Loops, lots of Automation equipment, and 9 deltas into 1 MidTower - I needed to add some space.

Most of the parts go inside and act as mounts and 'stealthing' plates - I'm stealthing the rear interior wall, the drive bay area, the floor, the PSU, and the entire rear of the case.

This horribly out of perspective 'quick sketch' shows the final result more or less.

CLICK FOR BIG
If you take a look at this and some of the other illustrations you should be able to piece it together... but I'd prefer it be a suprise mostly.
Old March 19, 2009, 05:29 PM
Fallen HWCer

Here are some preliminary shots of the CF cutouts. I need to recut one of the panels below due to flaws but that's no big deal.
There are still a few pcs left waiting on the router - I forgot them at the shop.

I'll debur the edges over the next couple evenings to ensure a smooth finish.

Without further ado - some teaser shots to whet your pallets:

More pics later.
Old March 19, 2009, 06:22 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Never have I so thoroughly hated the filters on this gov't network. I wish I could see. . .
Old March 19, 2009, 06:33 PM
Allstar
F@H

that..... is awesome
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old March 20, 2009, 12:15 AM
MVP

That isn't awesome...that is EPIC