Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 24, 2009, 06:40 PM
Fallen HWCer

Oh noes! I forgot to update here.
My sincerest apologies guys.
There hasn't been much physical progress I'm afraid, I've been traveling and my Grandfather passed on the 17th.

I snapped some quick pics of the new hardware and replacement motherboard (I've actually had this stuff for over a week now).

Here's the Highpoint RocketRAID 3510 with a Highpoint BBU-03 battery backup unit installed:

Here's a closeup of the BBU-03:

The SSD's that it will drive:

The new motherboard:

NB:

SB:

My favorite feature, ExpressGate:

Cheesy ExpressGate video from ASUS:
[youtube]w41vS3UcZdk[/youtube]
This response from Nexxo at bit-tech made me laugh, I figured you'd appreciate the marketing irony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo
Late for work but she still has time to e-mail, chat, browse, organise her photos and watch a few funny videos? Girl's gotta learn to prioritise... :p

More on the Vodka still as well... soon.
Old January 24, 2009, 06:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Wicked, no worries on lack of updates. It's such a drag when a family member passes, sorry to hear about that.

What RAID config are you going to put those GSkills in? Are you getting any other HDD's, like a 1TB for storage or anything?
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old January 24, 2009, 06:54 PM
Fallen HWCer

I'll be using 4x750gb LaCie eSata drives (I still need a controller for those), and a 10TB NAS. All Prometheus has room for is 4xSSD's - even the Velociraptor was 1mm to tall for my desired location.
Old January 24, 2009, 07:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry to hear about your Granfather.
Old February 8, 2009, 06:48 PM
Top Prospect

haven't been here in a while, looking good

I send my condolences

Soon up and running:
Thunder
ASUS Rampage II Gene \\ Intel i7 920 \\ EVGA GTX 275 \\ Corsair 6GB 1600MHz 7-7-7-20 \\ WD Caviar Black 640GB \\ Blu Ray Drive \\ Corsair HX620W \\ NZXT Rogue
Old March 10, 2009, 10:49 PM
Fallen HWCer

In the spirit of progress, I decided to change my fittings and tubing style and configuration to accommodate the new reservoirs.

I made a "small" AquaTuning.de order just now:

and as I mentioned I also have 2 of these puppies en-route as well...

With special thanks to Shoggy from Aquacomputer for giving me the heads up on their re-release (I pleaded with him several months back for a pair of these reservoirs... so I'm elated to see them available again).

More stuff to fit into this already jam packed case. I may only be able to fit one of these reservoirs into Prometheus... but not a big deal I'll be happy to have a spare "copperTube" in my collection of parts.

---

Some of you may be wondering why I don't just use my router for all the cutting?
Answer - the router is old and out of alignment and one of the motors is burned out... that is until last week. An engineer friend of mine had experience with such things so I put him to work.
I'll be cutting my own parts again - but this time with a capable machine.
Before it was unlevel - didn't travel smoothly - a motor was burned out - and it was a decade out of service... this time it's all calibrated and ready to go and I actually have time allocated to finishing.
I have everything for this project complete and waiting... once I get the actual structural elements done it wont be more than a week to + build + plug in + test + tweak + cry.

Today I spent the afternoon in the shop preparing my drawings and the machine for cutting. I'll be going back to the shop Monday/Tuesday to complete cutting of the FINAL carbon parts.

TUESDAY there will be much progress. Stay tuned until then. ;)

Last edited by Langer; March 10, 2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old March 10, 2009, 10:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Those reservoirs are sick!
Old March 10, 2009, 11:38 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlojack View Post
Those reservoirs are sick!
I concur, extremely nice looking reservoirs!

Old March 11, 2009, 12:07 AM
Allstar
F@H

glad to see u working on this again i thought u stopped
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old March 11, 2009, 01:13 AM
Allstar

Holy bejesus! Those are some sick-looking reservoirs. And I didn't even know anyone made copper-plated compression fittings like that. Man, I think I need to put in an order with them as well. I really want some of those black nickel compression fittings. Plus, they've got some ready-to-go white LEDs on molex I was about to make myself.

How much did shipping from Aquatuning end up being for you? Must have cost a fortune.
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro