Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11, 2007, 01:16 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Oooh nice psu!
Old May 11, 2007, 01:28 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Thanks, I had to decide between it and the new Thermaltake 850 with 6 12v rails.... To make a long story short, the thermaltake doesnt have a powersupply switch (they give weird reasons, meh. I need the switch, hehe), they both can provide 70A on their 12v rails (but SS does it on two, not 6 rails) and the built-in fan on the thermaltake was a few db louder than this one.....

OH! And they were the same price but SS = 150w extra? Yay!
Old May 11, 2007, 02:26 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yeah more rails is usually not better. No psu switch heh, that new 1kw ocz unit is like that too, dunno what they are thinking I use that switch 20 times a day when ocing on a p5b.
Old May 16, 2007, 04:18 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Default Pictures!!!!

Finally took some pictures of the new build, I didn't have time and i was too excited to go out and buy cable sleeving and accessories so the wiring isn't the best at the moment but its still built and works thus far!
Notes about the build:
- CM Stacker 832: Will not hold a Thermalright Ultra120 Extreme with the stock fan bracket installed (Required modding) (Picture 6)
- ASUS Crosshair Motherboard: When using a PCIx16 Graphics card, the USB and 1394 Headers are near impossible to access (Had to connect the USB/1394 THEN reinstall card, very little room.) (Picture 7)
- Crossflow fan will only fit my 8800GTS video cards in ONE orientation - approximately 45 degrees angled towards the cpu heatsink. Otherwise the crossflow fan pushes up against the side of the card. (Picture 5/6 - Angled Crossflow)

More pics of all the glowy blue goodness coming later (Forgot to charge my camera batt. lol) Please comment!
Old May 18, 2007, 01:50 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

*Bump* No comments? Le Sigh.
Old May 18, 2007, 02:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh.....

You must have posted this on a slow night... :)

Looks great! I've always loved the "all front grill" style of case, and I really like the grilled side window.

I'm surprised that you had problems fitting stuff in, even the lower end coolermasters managed to fit just about everything you could throw at them.... Somebody must have missed the memo suggesting making them wider to accomodate the internal fans.......

Any issues with internal temps?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 18, 2007, 02:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Very Nice- that case is sweet! I don't know why, but I didn't see this posted anywhere before just now..strange- that's one big CPU cooler!
Old May 18, 2007, 02:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

your cpu cooler fan is on the wrong way ;)
Old May 18, 2007, 06:47 PM
JayDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
your cpu cooler fan is on the wrong way ;)
I thought that as well enaberif but perhaps it is due to CMetaphor mentioning the HS/Fan requiring a mod to fit in the case? And lol with all the fans that the Stacker has going for it I don't know if directing the HS Fan airflow to the rear exhaust would make a huge difference = that rig looks like a huge airflow machine! :)
Old May 19, 2007, 10:27 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

No issues with internal temps thus far, still idling around 33-34c (ona hot day). Cant tell you much more for the time being..... I was a dumbass and accidentally got the the x86 version of vista.... stupid memory cap. Ah well, im getting a vista x64 dring the weekend and installing again. Then we'll truly see what this beast can do.

PS: I know the fan cooler is oriented in the "wrong" direction. With with my cpu fan pulling air up and the crossflow fan pushing air across laterally, it works much better to get the heat away from the cpu much faster.

And after the reinstall..... time for the OC (Air cooling ftw)