Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 10, 2008, 07:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default X58 Motherboard roundup! (Heavy Images!)

Post any PICTURES of X58 motherboards you see around the web in here!

I'm especially interested to see if any XFX boards show up, just curious if this nvidia vendor will follow suite!

Some of these are well known boards and some are not!

Here's what I've got so far:

EVGAX58

ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution

ASUS P6T WS PRO

ASUS P6T Deluxe

ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 10, 2008, 07:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

BIOSTAR TPOWER X58

DFI X58

ECS X58B-A Black Series

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-DS4

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5

INTEL DX58SO SMACKOVER
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.

Last edited by encorp; November 10, 2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old November 10, 2008, 08:07 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Interesting. I notice some of the boards don't have PCI at all, and many have only one. I wonder if this evolution of motherboards signifies the final move away from the PCI standard, or if it's just this particular chipset.

If it is the final move, it'd be nice to see some movement on the part of manufacturers to provide us with more PCIe X1 slot cards.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old November 10, 2008, 08:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's a folding farm in itself! Just fill 'er up with single slot cards (unless there's a catch of course)
Old November 10, 2008, 08:33 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

4 lanes for each?
Old November 10, 2008, 08:34 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Interesting. I notice some of the boards don't have PCI at all, and many have only one. I wonder if this evolution of motherboards signifies the final move away from the PCI standard, or if it's just this particular chipset.

If it is the final move, it'd be nice to see some movement on the part of manufacturers to provide us with more PCIe X1 slot cards.
It would be nice if more boards came with at least one PCIe slot above the vid card slots. Makes a great place for a sound card.
Old November 10, 2008, 08:43 AM
Banned
F@H

The ECS black series should be a good cheap unit...I paid less than $100 for the P45 black board...quite a bit less than other board maker's offerings!
Old November 10, 2008, 08:46 AM
MVP
F@H

I think the DFI is still the most attractive out of that roundup. Even without pictures of their cooling design (which is likely to be user-replaced by water anyways).

Anyone notice the lack of a floppy port on the EVGA board?? Finally!
And the lack of any IDE whatsoever on the P6T6 Revolution?? Finally!

Why any of these boards feature IDE is beyond me. Shouldn't most of the IDE drives have failed by now?

Also most of the boards have only 3 or 4 fan headers, I know its a minor quibble but I like having 8 or more, like the rampage extreme above that has 8. Good call Asus, not everyone likes fan controllers/splitters etc.
VIDEO: 3 x Visiontek HD3870
Old November 10, 2008, 08:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The DFI is the one I've been keeping my eye on. Apparently this time around they are actually designing their own cooling instead of using thermalright.
Old November 10, 2008, 10:45 AM
Top Prospect

is there any word on pricing? especially on the "low" end models?