Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/)
-   -   Water Cooled -NZXT Tempest (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/10072-water-cooled-nzxt-tempest.html)

jay51 September 14, 2008 04:09 PM

Water Cooled -NZXT Tempest

1 Attachment(s)
well my WC p180 did not get competed,sold case an thought i would try the nzxt tempest E-ATX ,huge case but im planning on using it all :biggrin:
i have a swiftech WC kit to mount in it,suppose to bolt right in.

before i do that im thinking about painting the case interior a metallic blue or black,.
what do you guy's think?
blue or black?

i will be taking pics and posting from start to finish,please feel free to critique my build as i go.any suggestions are welcome.

heres a pic of most parts being used atm.

Supergrover September 14, 2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

before i do that im thinking about painting the case interior a metallic blue or black,.
what do you guy's think?
blue or black?
I say semi-black.

Oh how I love new parts.:)

jay51 September 14, 2008 04:24 PM

some parts are used ,new to me tho.. :)
semi? as in no gloss paint?

oksir September 14, 2008 04:48 PM

so how big is the tempest?? and do u think the quality is cheesy, since its like $130

jay51 September 14, 2008 05:05 PM

im going to open it later tonight,i will let you know.
the box is huge tho.

Supergrover September 14, 2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay51 (Post 89248)
some parts are used ,new to me tho.. :)
semi? as in no gloss paint?

No gloss, I would go for a interior that absorbs the light rather than reflects it.
Hope that makes sense.

JD September 14, 2008 06:13 PM

Semi-black looks great for case interiors IMO.

That's what I did my Antec 900 in. Tremclad Semi-Gloss Black to be exact.

I was thinking about giving the Tempest a shot over my 900 since the Tempest has the option to mount the radiator up top, though I don't think it's really worth $130...

jay51 September 14, 2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrom17 (Post 89280)
Semi-black looks great for case interiors IMO.

That's what I did my Antec 900 in. Tremclad Semi-Gloss Black to be exact.

I was thinking about giving the Tempest a shot over my 900 since the Tempest has the option to mount the radiator up top, though I don't think it's really worth $130...

that's what sold me,i don't need to mod a thing for internal rad.

black it is! :thumb: now to go to city tomorrow for paint then before and after pics

Infiniti September 14, 2008 06:32 PM

Pshh.. a double rad? :rofl: Wouldn't the CM HAF 932 be better? You could fit a TRIPLE rad up there.. :thumb:

jay51 September 14, 2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infiniti (Post 89291)
Pshh.. a double rad? :rofl: Wouldn't the CM HAF 932 be better? You could fit a TRIPLE rad up there.. :thumb:

true ,but i wanted to try the tempest,didn't really care for the fans on the CM HAF 932.
no idea whats better,but can let you know what i think of the tempest as i go. :biggrin:
dont think i need triple rad for cooling just cpu,im a wc noob triple will come with time,i think..:biggrin: