Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Canadian LAN Parties & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 19, 2008, 09:52 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex View Post
Having a huge 300+ person LAN in Vancouver is NOT going to happen unless that many people pre-pay, or someone has a LOT of money to blow.
Yeah who had the money to blow at VanLAN?

Quote:
I want to see it happen one day, and will be there to help out. Also Fratch, Derek, I'm always around to help out should you need it.... I also have my fair share of sponsor contacts....
Well thanks for the offer... I will keep that in mind. Also, for the sponsors... I don't think it's going to be just a matter of contacting them again when we need more sponsorships...

Quote:
Yikes that sucks. Well lets show them up a bit with the next few LANs coming up!!
Paul, I don't think you realize how damaging VanLAN was to the BC LAN party scene... And hearing James' quote from one of the sponsors is a perfect example. I think it's going to take more than just a few awsome LAN parties to gain back the trust of sponsors and BC's reputation...
Old August 20, 2008, 01:53 PM
Rookie

I agree with serenity on the last one there that it will take time but at the same time we can do it. don't worry serenity we WILL do it with everyones support. Thats why Ctoan, Caplan and Digital storm are teaming together to pool our resources and split up the work. Plus our now connection with Bawls and Anime Evolutions, with the huge gaming crowed that it brings each year. And the Tech Dev expo that Digital storm will be taking care of from next year on. Dale and Paul your support for Vancouver is welcome... just let me get past AE Lan and get a few days rest, first before we start anything else.
LAN 100 PC, 80 console
CapLAN is the longest running lanparty in Vancouver. Its a frequent casual lan hosted at Capilano University.
CapLAN 17 80 People TBA (September 2009)
Old August 20, 2008, 02:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Have fun with AE, see you in Seattle at PAX!!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old October 15, 2008, 03:58 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but I forgot that I had a few things to add.
I did do some damage control with sponsors, but, unfortunately, Dave really dropped the ball on that. So we did scare off some of the sponsors who sponsored VanLan.
And for that I'm sorry. But I am ready to help out with other LANs in the area (I do know what I'm doing).
Old October 15, 2008, 11:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

"This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources."

Sounds interesting. Nerd sweat and tears. Never been to a LAN party before but it sounds somewhat amusing and rather close geographically to me. Would a 38yr old married guy with 3 kids feel out of place there? Is there cushioned seats? Do I have to arm wrestle anyone for a spot close to the washroom? Will there be free cookies?

I'll check that site again for details once someone pays the bill I guess.

*Edit Damn it was months ago..See folks what happens when you skip posts. lol
Anyways how did it go? Were there hard plastic chairs? A waiting line a mile long to the washrooms? No free cookies? I probably would have felt out of place anyways...Bringing my TRS-80 and my 1975 radio shack edition of pong

Last edited by Alwaysrun; October 15, 2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old October 20, 2008, 08:32 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Yeah, the other organizer cheesed off the hosting sponsor, so no more website.

Last edited by DaleF; October 20, 2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old October 20, 2008, 11:21 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Nuthin worse than a geek on a power trip.