Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Canadian LAN Parties & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 25, 2008, 12:28 AM
Top Prospect

whatever, age has little relevance when gaming I find... I'm 20 myself. Alright I shall keep that in mind when registering. You never know, you might find me in your section ;) I'll let you know.

Quote:
how about would I go to sending my rig to Edmonton? seems like a big hassel I don't want to go if they are just going to give a Razer (sponser) mouse. if there is like $25,000 I will go for sure.

- Christine
Well they're not being very specific about prizes Christine. From what I've heard, the prizes they do have (whether it be cash or hardware) are pretty damn good and are MUCH better than just a "razer mouse". My understanding is that prizes are mostly if not completely hardware though.

As for sending your rig, wouldn't you just check it on the plane with you or were you thinking of shipping it there? I would advise against both actually (I know from experience) It has a high chance of getting damaged. Though if you have to choose one, I'd go with plane. A lot simpler and you can (idealy) keep a better eye on it if it's on the plane with you.
Old July 25, 2008, 01:00 AM
Top Prospect

age is relevant to me. when I was 13-14 I wasn't the smartest gamer but I had really good eye-hand coordination kinda the "hyper gamer" as I got older in my teens I became smarter when I turned 22 everything went downhill most notably my stamina I have to take dexedrine just to keep up so I can spank the 13 year olds lol

are you kidding I have a Stacker it can take a beating, but I would have to remove my LCS.

how many people?

- Christine
Cooler Master RC-690 | Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W | 6x Scythe S-Flex SFF21F Fans, EK-MultiOption 2 Port, dB-1 Compact, Swiftech MCR80, Swiftech Apogee GT | Abit IP35-Pro | Intel Q6600 @ 3.8Ghz | 2x1GB OCZ Flex XLC PC-9200 | Inno3D Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB

Last edited by calvary1980; July 25, 2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old July 25, 2008, 01:05 AM
Banned

like 600 people
Old July 25, 2008, 01:10 AM
Top Prospect

if I go and win I get prestige if I lose I put up with 4 days of geeks with bad hygene lol

- Christine
Cooler Master RC-690 | Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W | 6x Scythe S-Flex SFF21F Fans, EK-MultiOption 2 Port, dB-1 Compact, Swiftech MCR80, Swiftech Apogee GT | Abit IP35-Pro | Intel Q6600 @ 3.8Ghz | 2x1GB OCZ Flex XLC PC-9200 | Inno3D Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB
Old July 25, 2008, 01:11 AM
Banned

might as well rent a hotel room for shower
Old July 25, 2008, 01:18 AM
Top Prospect

I meant them not me. I have excellent hygene.

hotels seem close, wayne gretzky drive I wonder if it's safe to wear my Gilmour jersey.

- Christine

Last edited by calvary1980; July 25, 2008 at 01:25 AM. Reason: hotel
Old July 25, 2008, 08:48 AM
Banned

Ok there is only one seat next to you guys so I'm going to reserve soon. I can join your team oksir if you want.
Old July 25, 2008, 10:03 AM
Banned

Bitcheses I just reserved!
Old July 25, 2008, 07:48 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvary1980 View Post
if I go and win I get prestige if I lose I put up with 4 days of geeks with bad hygene lol

- Christine
Well there'll be at least one 'geek' there with good hygiene (me)
I feel really shitty if I don't have a daily hygienic routine.
But yeah, the shower could be a problem...
There is a hostel nearby but I think those showers are communal. And I dunno, showering with other men isn't my cup of tea
Hmmm, we could all chip in for a hotel room we could go back to in order to sleep/shower etc.

Damn you Rommel!! So much for sitting close to other people.
Looks like Christine (if she ends up coming) and I will have to arrange seating together then...
Old July 25, 2008, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity View Post
Well there'll be at least one 'geek' there with good hygiene (me)
I feel really shitty if I don't have a daily hygienic routine.
But yeah, the shower could be a problem...
There is a hostel nearby but I think those showers are communal. And I dunno, showering with other men isn't my cup of tea
Hmmm, we could all chip in for a hotel room we could go back to in order to sleep/shower etc.

Damn you Rommel!! So much for sitting close to other people.
Looks like Christine (if she ends up coming) and I will have to arrange seating together then...
Dude, I'm right next to oksir and his buddies.

I figured since you hadn't mentioned anything about completing registration, I should go ahead and at least confirm my interests. I can still move my seat if you so wish but I need a hard "Yes I'm registered, here is my seat..." type deal :)

Besides, oksir is a youngin', I'd rather chill with someone more my age, like you and Christine.

Let me know what's up :D