Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Canadian LAN Parties & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7, 2008, 06:19 PM
Rookie

We had a sponsorship with them when lancouver was happening, we had a long talk with them and they basically are giving us a deal so they are a bit cheaper. It s not much but it helps to raise money for the event.

in short it was a lot of work

An update on the upcoming event. We just bought 7 servers to be used as dedicated game servers and 1 file sever as well. just so you guys know that if you are hosting a lan any time soon and you need equipment and staff we can help you out. we can also see what we can do about stretching our sponsors your way.

As it stands with the amount of equipment that we have and a solid staff of 10 (17 total) we are looking to become a lan engine. We come to other peoples lans and do the leg work for them. This way it makes one central pool of equipment saving lans a lot of money and they don't have to worry too much about staff. we have three experienced techs, one is a tech for Shaw cable , one is an electrical engineer and my self im taking my Cisco certification. one graphic designer, two web designers and a bunch of other awesome lan worthy people. This will also make a solid name for sponsors to deal with so that if its some ones first lan they can use our name to get leverage to get lost of swag. It also buffers costs like consecration and bawls cause things are cheaper when you buy in bulk. So we can buy in the thousands and that way when at a event and you don't know how many you need and you don't want to run out or over buy its no longer an issue cause the left overs can be used at the next lan in the area. If we can get the greater vancouver area to come together there will be some awesome lans.

Last edited by fratchwaggon; March 7, 2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old March 7, 2008, 07:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I definitely like your Plan! I also wish I had a car so I could go to all these!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old March 13, 2008, 04:18 PM
Rookie

We just go the list from NCIX for the swag that they are hooking us up with. come take a look at: CapLAN & Lower MainLAN Forums - View topic - Prize list from NCIX

we will have our flash video ready in the next few day. EYE CANDY!

hope to see you all in a week.