Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Canadian LAN Parties & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12, 2011, 12:07 PM
Rookie

Default StandardLAN - Guelph LAN Party (TBA)

Hello HardwareCanucks!

In the past, I, along with others that are now on the StandardLAN team have hosted events within Team Downpour/Downpour Reborn/Torrential Osmotic. Torrential 3 (T3) is a prime example of past events.

Downpour/Torrential Osmotic has since essentially been dead. We are starting something new.

"Does it have a name? It's name is StandardLAN." It will be, like past events, hosted in Guelph, ON.

We are just starting to get our site together and only started working on it yesterday. I think it looks great, it just lacks content for the time being.

We do not have a date set nor do we have anything planned currently. We will let you know in a new post. This is just to give you the knowledge that we exist.

Please follow us on Twitter @StandardLAN & like us on Facebook.

You are welcome to check out the site as well though there is not much there yet other than some photos of past events, about the administrators, past sponsors and FAQ.

Please check it out and when the time comes, do consider coming.

Thanks,
Lawrence
My Twitter: @TheVakman
My Sites: TerminaStandard, Gadgico and Drinkico
Old July 12, 2011, 08:02 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Very cool! ... If I'm ever in town at the right time I would attend. It's been years since I've gone to a LAN Party. They were always fun. What is your game list? Oh ... and I like the very classic theme you've chosen for your site. You just need a similar logo now.

Old July 13, 2011, 12:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

LAN's are always fun keep us posted :)

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120
Old July 15, 2011, 12:20 PM
Rookie

I'll be sure to keep you posted. We are currently looking for a larger venue and hope to have a large event.
We are thinking about August 26-28 but we aren't sure yet as that is quite soon.
Hope to see you all there whenever we have it though. LANs really need the support. Likely will price between $30-$45 depending on the cost of the venue and other factors.
Old August 20, 2011, 02:29 PM
Rookie

We are still looking for a venue, we have some more places that we need to call.
Old August 24, 2011, 06:20 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

This would be awesome. Been a long time since I was at one. Last one I went to was held at a Highschool gym in cambridge lol... but that was 8 years ago. Anyway hope you guys find a venue, Ill be doing my very best to make it out.
Old September 23, 2011, 03:57 PM
Rookie

Yeah, it would be great if you could come out.
To everyone here.
What dates are best for you guys to try to make it out.
We are guessing the cost will be around $30-50 as well. We would like to make it pretty big.
Old November 17, 2011, 06:18 PM
Rookie

Hello! Just an update, we have a venue that we think will work great and plan to go check it out tomorrow.

If anyone has any dates they would like the LAN to be on. Please let us know, we are currently thinking around March Break for high school students or reading week for University students. Along with many others, but please, throw me your ideas.

Also, it really helps to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, the links are in my signature.

Thanks!

Last edited by TheVakman; November 17, 2011 at 07:00 PM.

Tags
event , guelph , lan , lan event , lan party