Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Canadian LAN Parties & Events (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/canadian-lan-parties-events/)
-   -   StandardLAN - Guelph LAN Party (TBA) (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/canadian-lan-parties-events/44838-standardlan-guelph-lan-party-tba.html)

TheVakman July 12, 2011 12:07 PM

StandardLAN - Guelph LAN Party (TBA)

Hello HardwareCanucks!

In the past, I, along with others that are now on the StandardLAN team have hosted events within Team Downpour/Downpour Reborn/Torrential Osmotic. Torrential 3 (T3) is a prime example of past events.

Downpour/Torrential Osmotic has since essentially been dead. We are starting something new.

"Does it have a name? It's name is StandardLAN." It will be, like past events, hosted in Guelph, ON.

We are just starting to get our site together and only started working on it yesterday. I think it looks great, it just lacks content for the time being.

We do not have a date set nor do we have anything planned currently. We will let you know in a new post. This is just to give you the knowledge that we exist.

Please follow us on Twitter @StandardLAN & like us on Facebook.

You are welcome to check out the site as well though there is not much there yet other than some photos of past events, about the administrators, past sponsors and FAQ.

Please check it out and when the time comes, do consider coming.

Thanks,
Lawrence

Andy July 12, 2011 08:02 PM

Very cool! ... If I'm ever in town at the right time I would attend. It's been years since I've gone to a LAN Party. They were always fun. What is your game list? Oh ... and I like the very classic theme you've chosen for your site. You just need a similar logo now. :biggrin:

:bananafunky:

trayton July 13, 2011 12:53 PM

LAN's are always fun keep us posted :)

TheVakman July 15, 2011 12:20 PM

I'll be sure to keep you posted. We are currently looking for a larger venue and hope to have a large event.
We are thinking about August 26-28 but we aren't sure yet as that is quite soon.
Hope to see you all there whenever we have it though. LANs really need the support. Likely will price between $30-$45 depending on the cost of the venue and other factors.

TheVakman August 20, 2011 02:29 PM

We are still looking for a venue, we have some more places that we need to call.

Esotericrj August 24, 2011 06:20 AM

This would be awesome. Been a long time since I was at one. Last one I went to was held at a Highschool gym in cambridge lol... but that was 8 years ago. Anyway hope you guys find a venue, Ill be doing my very best to make it out.

TheVakman September 23, 2011 03:57 PM

Yeah, it would be great if you could come out.
To everyone here.
What dates are best for you guys to try to make it out.
We are guessing the cost will be around $30-50 as well. We would like to make it pretty big.

TheVakman November 17, 2011 06:18 PM

Hello! Just an update, we have a venue that we think will work great and plan to go check it out tomorrow.

If anyone has any dates they would like the LAN to be on. Please let us know, we are currently thinking around March Break for high school students or reading week for University students. Along with many others, but please, throw me your ideas.

Also, it really helps to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, the links are in my signature.

Thanks!