Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Canadian LAN Parties & Events (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/canadian-lan-parties-events/)
-   -   MicroBytes Armed and Dangerous II: Reloaded (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/canadian-lan-parties-events/44322-microbytes-armed-dangerous-ii-reloaded.html)

Llew June 21, 2011 10:58 AM

MicroBytes Armed and Dangerous II: Reloaded
 
Well folks, I am starting the plan the next event. Timeline is looking like late August/Early September. I will post more details here as things unfold. I just wanted to get people talking a bit and maybe get some input on what people would like to see.

So, if we were to run two tourney's this time, what games would people like to see? What games would you like to play? Just let me know. This is a community event and I want to make sure I give people what they want.

Also, we are planning on a BYOC area for this event too!

**UPDATE**

OK time to have some Details!

The event is October 1st 2011
Location is Gamers Vault, 4986 Queen Mary
Event will run from 10am to 10pm
Main feature of the event will be a Starcraft II Tournament with a ~$2000 PC as the main prize :)
The event will be held at a local lan center. They will have 30 computers that will be open for any participant to use.
We will have 40 BYOPC seats at the event. (last event we didnít have any BYPOC and still had 65 particpants in the tourney)
Pimp my Rig contest: Nicest computer in BYOPC Area gets a prize (something really nice I promise)
We will have bi-hourly prize giveaways from 11 to 7pm
Also food and drink will be provided for the attendees
Entry cost: only $10 for tournament seat and 5$ for general attendance
Tickets go on sales soon! More details coming soon!

Lpfan4ever June 21, 2011 11:00 AM

Wait for BF3!

Besides that, I'm not in the area so I won't put my say in. :bleh:

Llew June 21, 2011 11:09 AM

BF3 isnt until late October. Besides, we can play it at the December event ;)

SKYMTL June 21, 2011 11:10 AM

Exciting.

A few suggestions based on the last one:

- Larger open space
- The LN2 OCing really did seem to get people talking
- Somewhere with parking
- Make sure it's on a weekend

Kilauea June 21, 2011 11:20 AM

I would love to go. I would also like if the game was Starcraft 2.

SKYMTL June 21, 2011 11:35 AM

I agree. SC2 or even SC1 would be a great addition. Especially considering how many people at the last event were playing it in the main area.

Llew June 21, 2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Exciting.

A few suggestions based on the last one:

- Larger open space
- The LN2 OCing really did seem to get people talking
- Somewhere with parking
- Make sure it's on a weekend
Good feedback!

For the space I will probably be doing it at GamersVault again. I have something worked out with the owners there for the first few events I run. However, this time I will make sure to schedule the event on a weekend where GV isnt also running one of their events. This will give us more room to spread out and more room for computers to be setup. Sadly this does not help with the parking situation, but there is tons of street parking available if you know where to look. It just means I have to make sure people know where that parking is. Folks would also have to drop off their PCs (if they have BYOPC tickets) before going to park so for sure its less than ideal.

If we did a LN2 OC again I would def need some help as I wont be able to do that demo and run the show. Perhaps MAC can help with that if he has the time and inclination ;) He seemed to have fun with it last time. lol

Quote:

SC2 or even SC1 would be a great addition.
Yeah I was already pretty certain this would be one of the games picked. I just want to get as much feedback as possible. Gotta give people what they want if I can. ;)

Llew

SKYMTL June 21, 2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llew (Post 526490)
Good feedback!

For the space I will probably be doing it at GamersVault again. I have something worked out with the owners there for the first few events I run. However, this time I will make sure to schedule the event on a weekend where GV isnt also running one of their events. This will give us more room to spread out and more room for computers to be setup.

True. I'd actually recommend putting the vendors and their products in the two back rooms while moving the competition to the front computers. Granted, that means there will be less "walk through" for certain parts but it will also stop a bottleneck from happening.

HWC will step on board for this one. YOu have my number if you want to discuss. :thumb:


Quote:

If we did a LN2 OC again I would def need some help as I wont be able to do that demo and run the show. Perhaps MAC can help with that if he has the time and inclination ;) He seemed to have fun with it last time. lol
Oh sure....so he can nuke another 2500K. :doh: :bleh:

Llew June 21, 2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

True. I'd actually recommend putting the vendors and their products in the two back rooms while moving the competition to the front computers. Granted, that means there will be less "walk through" for certain parts but it will also stop a bottleneck from happening.
I'm not sure I will have a vendor showcase like I had before. I mean, did seeing that huge table of Giga boards make people go out and buy them? I think cool demos like the LN2 and Watercooled PC have more impact on customers. I think I should use all the space I can for gamers and their PCs and have demo stations around the store so people can see and try different stuff. Anyway, its all just ideas at the moment.

Quote:

Oh sure....so he can nuke another 2500K.
Well at least it will be my CPU he's blowing up this time not yours! :clap:

Quote:

WC will step on board for this one. YOu have my number if you want to discuss.
Yes I do. When I get a few more details hammered out I will drop you a line or give you a call.

MAC June 22, 2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 526491)
Oh sure....so he can nuke another 2500K. :doh: :bleh:

It was drowned not nuked, and it still works fine :bleh:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:45 AM.