Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Canadian LAN Parties & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25, 2011, 11:32 AM
Rookie

Default MicroBytes Armed and Dangerous

Hey Folks,

My company is hosting a gaming event in May and I thought I would post some info here. Registration is 5$ and there are 50 spots available. The event is being held in a gaming center and will not be a BYOC event. Event will be centered around a FPS tourney with an undisclosed game. Main prize is a $2000 computer. Also we will be raffling off another $1000+ in prizes over the course of the event. Start time is twelve noon. First 20 people to pre-register get entered in a special prize draw. Tickets on sale at all store locations and at the gaming center. Also you can buy your ticket online here http://armedanddangerous.microbytes.com/

Address for the event is:
Gamers Vault
4986 Chemin Queen Mary
Montreal, Qc.
H3W1X2

Across from snowdon metro

Hope to see you there!

N.B. I have been getting a lot of questions about whether you need to bring your receipt from the online payment to the event. The answer is no, we will have a list of everyone who's paid a registration fee from paypal. All you need to bring is yourself and a piece of ID. If you buy a ticket for your friend and yourself (so we will show your name twice on our list) just let us know your friends name when you arrive at the event and we will enter him/her in the prize draws.

Last edited by Llew; April 28, 2011 at 05:09 AM.
Old April 25, 2011, 11:40 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Haha! The MB is have a tourney! Im totally there

Who is this anyways? I probably know you...

And its NOT BYOC? as in theyre provided for us?
Old April 25, 2011, 11:48 AM
Rookie

Yep you don't need to bring your PC. The event is in a local lan center with their own PCs. We will have 20 PCs for open gaming, 10 PC's for the tourney, and prolly some XBOX's and stuff as well to keep people busy. The 50 person cap will mean that not everyone will have PC to play on all the time, but since the goal is to win the tourney we figured that it wasn't that big a deal. Also, so long as people are there they have the chance to win stuff. We have a ton of prizes to give out. Also, many of the sponsors will be there in person, so it could be a good chance to get to talk to someone from Gigabyte or Corsair or Nvidia (etc) and ask them those questions you always wanted to ask a manufacturer. ;)

Llew

P.S. My identity is TOP SECRET ;)
Old April 25, 2011, 11:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

not byoc and undisclosed game you have to register for?

that's kinda weird.
Old April 25, 2011, 11:53 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Rehosting the pic. Sounds exciting....I may show up just to watch rather than participate.

Old April 25, 2011, 12:08 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Rehosting the pic. Sounds exciting....I may show up just to watch rather than participate.
Now's your chances MTL members! Meet Sky in person!

Im seriously considering going to this and fragging/gibbing others and/or myself (I'm probably not that good, but since it May be an FPS game, I might have an ok shot at it).
Old April 25, 2011, 12:35 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Haha. Quite a few Montreal members have already met me though we have had a few more join since that Baton Rouge / Tim Hortons meet up. ;)
Old April 25, 2011, 02:03 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Haha. Quite a few Montreal members have already met me though we have had a few more join since that Baton Rouge / Tim Hortons meet up. ;)
Which reminds me: I obstain from ever organizing anything ever again. That is all

That being said: Cmon down Mtl members! Frag well!
Old April 25, 2011, 08:42 PM
Rookie

Quote:
not byoc and undisclosed game you have to register for?

that's kinda weird.
Why is that weird? The $5 registration is just so we can sell tickets and have an idea of how many people are attending. Its not like the registration will make the sponsors any money ;) To be honest, some of the sponsors felt if we allowed free sign ups then people would sign up and not show. Which would be a waste of everybody's time. They feel more confident that if someone pays an amount (no matter how small) that they will actually attend.

As for the game being undisclosed... I just thought it was a nice twist. I mean, we did disclose that it was a FPS game which gives people a fair idea of what to expect. I could narrow it down a bit and say that we are looking to showcase the hardware being used so don't expect to see CS or Source in the tourney. :)
Old April 25, 2011, 09:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Crysis 2 ?
I don't follow FPS, but that's the one title I can come up with... Anyway, if it were for something else than FPS, I'd be very interested..