Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Canadian LAN Parties & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29, 2011, 11:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llew View Post
Yep you got me. :) I am the one, the only, the really awesome Paul from MicroBytes!.
The less I can say is the easiest to work with at the head office. Used to work down here at Quebec location. That's why I pointed to Patrick abysmal english skill XD

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old April 30, 2011, 06:23 AM
Rookie

Nice to know you thought I was easy to work with. I am sure some people would disagree. lol

Too bad you are so far away, otherwise I would suggest you come on down for the event.

Quote:
That's why I pointed to Patrick abysmal english skill XD
Hey, no matter how bad Pats English is, at least he tries! Gotta respect him for that.
Old April 30, 2011, 07:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm in and don't worry Kilauea, I suck at FPS too, much better at SC2.
Old May 1, 2011, 02:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llew View Post

Hey, no matter how bad Pats English is, at least he tries! Gotta respect him for that.
Don't worry I have respect for Patrick ;) I still pay them little visit from time to time, still good friend for many of them. At least every one try :P Like Morthy trying to speak french These are good memory's.

GL with the event I would have love to join if it wasn't so far :( Keep working hard!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 2, 2011, 01:37 PM
Rookie

Oh boy... Gigabyte just called me to tell me that they are inviting a pro OC'er to do a LN2 live OC at the event. The only problem... we don't know where to source LN2 here in Montreal. So, can any of you hardcore Quebec over clockers help me out and point me in the right direction? I've only done water and air OC's so I have no clue where to look. Your help is appreciated!

Also, sign up!!!!!!! I still have way too many spots free and the sponsors are getting nervous. If this doesn't go right it will ruin my future plans for bigger and better events. I need the help of the Montreal gaming community! Help support us so we can support you! Go team!
Old May 2, 2011, 01:54 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

You need to talk to the folks @ ETS since they actively host Montreal's largest LAN event.

As for LN2; Praxair. But be prepared to pay megabucks for a storage vessel and for the gas itself.
Old May 2, 2011, 02:35 PM
Rookie

Gigabyte wants 70l of LN2 and dry ICE, so I guess I will have to pay what I have to pay. Thanks for the info SKY.

I did try to contact people from ETS but I didn't have much luck in that dept. I don't just want to post on their forum as its dedicated to their event only and I don't want to get anyone annoyed with me. lol
Old May 2, 2011, 02:50 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Lanparty.qc.ca - La référence des LAN-Party au Québec is another option as I already see you have signed up on LanParty,Eh.

Also, I would talk to Gigabyte about this whole LN2 / Dry Ice thing. Between you and I, the cost versus ROI just doesn't make any sense for a sub-50 person LAN party.
Old May 2, 2011, 03:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Lanparty.qc.ca - La référence des LAN-Party au Québec is another option as I already see you have signed up on LanParty,Eh.

Also, I would talk to Gigabyte about this whole LN2 / Dry Ice thing. Between you and I, the cost versus ROI just doesn't make any sense for a sub-50 person LAN party.

I know, I feel the same way. I get the impression they don't know what the costs involved are. I mean, I could see doing dry ice, because its much cheaper, but LN2 is so costly it just doesn't make sense. Especially not 70L worth! lol Not to mention they are bringing in someone from out of town to do the demo so there is extra cost there.

I will check out lanparty.qc.ca ;)

Again thanks for the help SKY.
Old May 4, 2011, 05:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Any news if its really going to happen ?

If so, do we take the time to make an HWC Montreal get together ? (The only one I've been, I was the only HWCer from Quebec, yet it was in Montreal )