Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Canadian LAN Parties & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29, 2011, 08:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

How many people are registered, registration is to play ?

Considering registering, but really not interested in FPS, never really played those in single player, let alone multi, I'd be about as good as that as I am at dancing (a chair and me is pretty much the same in that regard, except, I am taller)
Old April 29, 2011, 08:25 AM
Banned
F@H

mustve been . i remember one of them, i think peter? blond dude,bout 1m70 always wearing sunglasses,even in winter haha.
Old April 29, 2011, 11:55 AM
Rookie

Quote:
How many people are registered, registration is to play ?

Considering registering, but really not interested in FPS, never really played those in single player, let alone multi, I'd be about as good as that as I am at dancing (a chair and me is pretty much the same in that regard, except, I am taller)
When I last checked (this AM) registration was still under 20 people, but that may have changed by now.

When you register you get entered in the tournament.. which is FPS for this event. Now, even if you are not good you may still have fun. Just in case thats not tempting enough, your $5 registration also gets you into our prize draws. The prizes are all really nice computer related stuff like: SSD's, Corsair Ram, Cases, PSUs, Coolers and more! Also, you get to play in the lan center all day (depending on number of guests we may have to rotate people occasionally but they do have SC2 and LoL for sure if your a rts guy), free food and drink, and the chance to talk to people from Gigabyte, Nvida, Corsair, and Intel. On top of that, I am still working on some other things to add value to that $5 fee you pay. But since its still in the works I can't go into details atm.

All marketing aside, I just want to make sure people have a good time.
Old April 29, 2011, 12:01 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llew View Post
All marketing aside, I just want to make sure people have a good time.
And thats the part that counts Can't wait! All we need now is "Bawls" lol...
Old April 29, 2011, 04:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Alright, I'm in... We should turn this into an HWC gathering all at the same time. Hopefully, I can find some SC2 players so that I can do something once I am out of the FPS thingy, but I must say watching isn't too bad either.
Old April 29, 2011, 05:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hmmm, maybe I be in. Anyone know a free or cheap parking spot near this?
Old April 29, 2011, 06:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Namur isn't all that far and u can take the metro or you can walk it(its 3 metro stations away).
Old April 29, 2011, 07:04 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Isn't it Gamer's WORLD?
Old April 29, 2011, 07:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Bwah! I DO know you. Gotta be either J, P or T....
I bet a 5 on Paul ;) Unless P is Patrick but english is to perfect to be that :)

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old April 29, 2011, 09:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I bet a 5 on Paul ;)
Yep you got me. :) I am the one, the only, the really awesome Paul from MicroBytes!

Quote:
Isn't it Gamer's WORLD?
It used to be Gamers World. Last May the partners of GW went their seperate ways and one of them re-opened in June as Gamers Vault. The place is MUCH cleaner, brighter, has AC, and invested in all new machines. Over all, a better place now in my opinion. However, if you look at Google maps it still says Gamers World.

Quote:
hmmm, maybe I be in. Anyone know a free or cheap parking spot near this?
Yep, I do. You can park on Westbury just before it meets Isabella. Its a two minute walk to Gamers Vault from there. But you have to go down a fair bit on Westbury because near Queen Mary the parking is 1hr only on Saturdays. Or as was said you just park at Namur and take the metro a couple stops.